keeping the nappy bucket smelling nice....

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
I know "clean it out" but i stupidly used bleach to clean it with put in my lovely pretty much brand new brown itti + a flip after id cleaned it they ended up bleach stained :cry: the flip not so bad but the itti now looks like a teddy bear all diffrent browns! i want too keep it smelling fresh without having too clean it out with bleach all the time! any suggestions? i was thinking a few drops of fragrance or essential oil in the bottom might do it?

Dont clean it with bleach ever! Get a nice antibac spray like original Cif or something!

I personally wouldnt use anything like drops in it because all it will do is mix with the smell of poop and pee to make an all new level of stench haha. Ive no experience of nappy bins tho, so in all possibility am talking crap :blush:

Drops of tea tree oil / lavender will work a treat :)

Edit: I use tea tree oil in mine and top it bi-daily and love it :) never smells horrid :hugs: then once a week I scrub with anti bac.

I dont put anything in mine and I dont use antibac. I just clean it with a tiny bit of fairy liquid everytime I do a nappy wash. It never smells.

mine smells like stale pee when i open it borrrrkkk haha yeah amy i REALLY shouldnt use bleach on anything im terrible! i'll try a bit of tea tree but failing that i guess washing it with fairy when i do a wash would be fine! why did no one ever tell me not too use bleach :dohh:

mine smells like stale pee when i open it borrrrkkk haha yeah amy i REALLY shouldnt use bleach on anything im terrible! i'll try a bit of tea tree but failing that i guess washing it with fairy when i do a wash would be fine! why did no one ever tell me not too use bleach :dohh:

aswell as cleaning it, have heard some people stick a few drops of a nice smelling oil on a pantyliner under the lid & just add more oil when the smell fades :thumbup:

ETA: POOR ITTI!!!!

aswell as cleaning it, have heard some people stick a few drops of a nice smelling oil on a pantyliner under the lid & just add more oil when the smell fades :thumbup:

ETA: POOR ITTI!!!!

oh thats a great idea!!!

put a 'siisss' airwick thing in it haha... so it sissses at you when you open it :rofl:

tea tree on a pantyline would work well, just stick it to the lid :) teatree is antibacterial too :)

im gunna do it now! if i have any pads that is hmmm!

I put a few tea tree drops in the bottom, then a drop on every nappy and insert I put in

i pour a bit of water and a dash of milton into mine once i've put a load of nappies into the washer (wash every 1-2 days) and swoosh it round and leave it whilst the nappies wash. then chuck the water away and bob's your uncle, nice clean bucket and never gets smelly !

If you use a nappy mesh, put a drop or two of tea tree or lavender oil on the mesh right near the top... saves wasting pantyliners!

Do you know of a thing called Zoflora?
Its a concentrated disinfectant, you make it up into spray bottles and it lasts ages, you can get all kinds of nice scents and its pet safe etc.

I spray my bin with that everytime i empty it and give it a good wipe.
Its great for 101 other things too :thumbup:

i got cheap pantyliners from aldi, stick one under the lid and put lavender and tea tree oil on it, and when i do a nappy wash wipe it down with antibac and change the liner - works a treat and takes 2 mins!

I let mine air off outside whilst the nappies are drying as well as what some other ladies have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->