Keeping warm at night

marley2580

Reaction score
Last night I went through to Kaya's room because she'd woken up. I got into bed with her and found that she was really cold so I stayed in with her to warm her up. She's fine until the heating goes off at 10pm, but after that she obviously gets a bit cold. She sleeps under a duvet (I think it's about a 10 tog).

Does anyone have any ideas for how I could keep her warm at about 2/3am?

humm if im cold in bed i wear big fleecy bed socks, but other than tht im not sure.

Hi

I was just asking my mum this!!!

We have a wood burner and a small electric heater which is used to take the edge of our bedroom. At the moment it's not too bad as I get up for a feed in the night, but I did find that once the woodburner goes out, the setting the heater is at does not keep the room warm enough (we live in a one bed house, all on one floor)

I put gabbi in a sleeping bag last night and it worked really well, kept her warm but when she woke for her feed, I found that her hands and neck, and face were cold. So if I put a blanket over her as well, surely she would be too warm as the sleeping bag keeps her body warm enough. You could try a sleeping bag, I found it brilliant and Gabbi slept really well with it.

That tog sound pretty high for a small baby. Have you tried the sleeping bags as they surround baby so keeping them all snuggly. Extra socks, vest and maybe a little cardigan as extra bits and pieces to keep warm.

Check with a room thermometer....to be honest babies are best kept cooler rather than warmer as they can have fits if they overheat:cry:. Just coz their hands are cold doesn't mean the rest of them is cold...put your hand onto baby's back or chest to get a more accurate temp:baby:

Our flat gets sooo cold, so we put Tegan in socks, a vest, a babygrow, a 2.5 tog sleeping bag and 1/2/3 blankets depending on how cold it is. I know that if I am laid there shivering under my 13.5 tog duvet, she is more than likely freezing lol! We only have single glazing in our bedroom window atm, but we are moving soon!

That tog sound pretty high for a small baby. Have you tried the sleeping bags as they surround baby so keeping them all snuggly. Extra socks, vest and maybe a little cardigan as extra bits and pieces to keep warm.

Check with a room thermometer....to be honest babies are best kept cooler rather than warmer as they can have fits if they overheat:cry:. Just coz their hands are cold doesn't mean the rest of them is cold...put your hand onto baby's back or chest to get a more accurate temp:baby:

It wasn't her hands but her body that was cold, it was cold under the duvet as well. tbh I think she'd have a fit if I tried to put her in a sleeping bag as she's able to walk now. She's not a small baby any more - she's one on Sunday.

10 tog sounds high to me aswell riley has a 2.5 tog my quilts 10 tog try getting some thermal pjs or something huni

I put max in a sleeper and put him socks under so hes nice and cozy hes also got a woll blanket so hes okay ..i tried the sleeping bag and he hated it lol

They also sell lil space heaters that go on once the temp drops it regulates it to about 20 degrees

I swear by the sleeping bags, but as you likle girl is walking maybe one of those fleecy sleepsuit with a cotton sleep suit underneath, with a blanket over.

10tog sounds way high too hun..... you sure it aint 2.5tog?

xx

my son is crawling away and i put him in a vest and a cotton babygro or cotton pyjamas then fleecy babygro or fleecy pyjamas they sell them in primark he doesnt let me put him in a sleeping bag no more and wont keep blankets on him!

It's a medium tog so it must be about a 9.0 tog. A 2.5 tog would be really thin, she'd be freezing in it. She's nearly one so should be fine with it, plus we co-slept with her so she's always been under a duvet and is used to it. I'll try and find some warmer PJs and see if that helps, the funny thing is though that she doesn't kick off the cover that often. It was maybe a one off, I'll see how she is tonight.

One of Seths baby grows came with a little bed hat thingy. It works really well :) Its really light and cotton (like the ones you get when they're first born?) and it keeps him lovely and warm :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->