Kendra Ann-Marie April 28/09

Mommyy2be

Mommy Of Kendra
Reaction score
Kendra Ann-Marie

Well I finally got around to posting my birth story lol.. Kendra is now 2 months old today, time has gone by so fast!..Im going to try to remember as much as I can, obviously the times will be a little off.

Kendra's due date orginally was April 22nd, but she was a week over due when my doctor decided that I needed to be induced. On the 27th of April I went in for a doctors appointment at 10am, I had a gut feeling that I was going to have the baby soon. Doc first told me that she was going to schedule me to be induced in the next week, then she came back in the room and told me that they had room for me in the hospital that night. She told me to just go home and get everything ready and that the hospital would give me a call when they were ready for me. Before she sent me home she did an exam on me, she broke the membranes she also stretched me (that wasnt very comforable at all).....
It took the hospital a few hours to call me they didnt call tell around 2ish.. I live about an hour away from the hospital so it took me a bit to get there, plus we stoped for some food because I knew I wasnt going to be able to eat for awhile. We didnt end up at the hospital until around 4-5pm.. Finally we were there and I was so nervous, i wanted to run home haha..
we had to wait for my doctor to come in, so we were waiting for awhile. But in the mean time they did tests, hooked me up to IV and got me all situated.. When the doctor got there she asked me if her breaking the membranes brang labour on.. It didnt so she broke my water.. OUCH! I did not like that at all.. Besides the fact it hurt, it felt like i peed my self.. When they broke my water they actually scraped my babies head and she had a mark on the top of her head for about 2 weeks..
So my doctor went home again and told the nurses to call her if labour has started, if it hasnt started by 8:00pm she would come back and check me and put me on oxytocin..
Labour did not start.. The monitors said that I was having small contractions, But i didnt feel anything.. At this point i wanted to get up and walk around but they wouldnt let me because I had high blood pressure and they were getting worried about it..
Then doc came back and ordered for them to give me the meds and get labour going faster because she checked and realized that there was some Meconium because the baby was over due..Well it was around 10ish i think and they gave it to me, it didnt take very long for that shit to work.. Wow very intense contractions in less than an hour.. The contractions were 1-2 mins apart , i had no time to relax from each contractions.. I was very bitchy to everybody.. I wanted to go as long as I could without the epidurel, I tried so hard but I couldnt take it anymore. At about 1am I finally said "give me the fucking epidurel" ( excuse the language).. It felt like forever for them to give it to me, but really it was only like 20 mins for the anastegeologist to get them..When she got tthere she ahd to set up, and she was reading me information I honestly did not care about.. I was really rude to her and I wish If i seen her today I would tell her how sorry i am lol.. But when im in that much pain i dont want to hear about the meds i just want it, but I do understand that it is their job to explain it. I had 3 really big contractions when she was entering it... but she stoped and let me breath them through, I was very proud of myself for not moving an inche while she was doing it.. Once it started to kick it, I was on cloud 9.. I felt so good, besides the fact that I was starving but they wouldnt let me eat anything but Jello..! I just laid there, holding my boyfriends hand trying to get some rest before I had to start pushing.. But that wondering feeling didnt last long at about 2:30am I felt horrible pressure in my bum and pelvic area.. I told them that I feel the need to push, before that time they just checked me 10 mins ago.. So the nruse was like no no dont worry.. Im like just check okie.. So she did.. I went from 6 cms to 8 cm dialated in just over 10 mins.. I felt such an urge to push more and more as the mins passed by.. I told them that they should call my doctor and have her ready because I knew that this baby was coming soon.. Again they didnt believe me that I needed to push.. A little while after I told them to check me I was 10cm dialted and then they finally called the doctor.. I dialted very very fast.. I was pushing before the doctor even got there because I couldnt take the pressure anymore.. all the epidule helped for was the contractions..I felt her coming out and it hurt like hell, like a burning sensation and stretching pain all at the same time. My boyfriend says that I was pushing for about an hour and a half.. Then my beautiful baby girl arrived at 6:03am on April 28th/2009.. She was 9lbs 2 oz.. A very big baby and that would explain why it hurt so bad haha.. I obviously had to get stitches... But now that I look back at everything, I know that everything was so worth it and id do it all over again in a few more years. Thank you for reading my story, I hope I remembered everything lol..:cloud9::cloud9::cloud:

Pictures are of 2 months, new born, 2 weeks old and newborn with daddy...Wouldnt let me put more pictures on :( lol

Attachments

• DSCF0712.jpg
    DSCF0712.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 51
  • n517565032_3029517_4161783.jpg
    n517565032_3029517_4161783.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 66
  • n517565032_3029499_6725036.jpg
    n517565032_3029499_6725036.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 67
  • n517565032_3118992_5092781.jpg
    n517565032_3118992_5092781.jpg