Kicking at 14-15 weeks rant

OICC

non binary parents
Reaction score
I just want someone to find this who may be in my position.
Some women are very much in touch with their bodies and know every tiny little feeling inside.
If you are feeling your baby thumping in your uterus when you are laying on your back or on your side, you are not crazy.
EVEN IF IT IS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY. #1 #1 #1
I can't find anybody else talking about, it says that only 2+ mother know the feeling.
This is not true and is annoying to me.
My baby thumps occasionally, not all day yet. But I have felt jabs that aren't gas, aren't flutters, or bubbles or anywhere near my intestines or ovaries. These are thumps. Strong thumps. // My husband put his hand on my belly and felt it kick my tummy up from the inside.
I am 14 weeks 3 days with my first baby.
This post isn't about people who don't feel anything
It's about the women who do and think they are crazy or if people don't believe them...
Being aware of your body is something more women should practice.
It's obvious when something foreign is inside you kicking and thumbing around.
Trust yourself.
:baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:

First time mom here also, I felt the first kick (it was more like a flutter) at 14 weeks as well. Everything I read said 1st time moms feel it late, but I figured everyone and every pregnancy is different, and it is completely possible to feel it earlier than the "average"

I'm 4th time mum but i do agree with you! Everyone is different and you do know your own body more than anyone else. Weirdly ive felt mine later each pregnancy don't know how that works exactly lol but an example that everyone is different! X

Yep in pregnancies one and two ive felt baby early, just from the inside though, all women are different and could have sensitive parts of the uterus that can feel the baby bouncing around

I felt my first at 16 weeks for sure. Around 14 with my second and I swear I felt my third at 12 weeks but my OB believes the baby is far too small at 3 months to be able to feel movement. I feel like I know the different between gas bubbles and baby flutters.

I felt my first for sure at 14 weeks but with this one it took until closer 18 weeks for me to have been sure of little kicks. Most likely because of having an anterior placenta the second time around. Definitely possible to feel baby early regardless of what pregnancy you are on!

I agree with this! While I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel baby move until later than you describe, I felt certain movement at 17-18 weeks which many people said was too early with the placenta in front, but I was certain...it wasn't gas, I knew it felt different (also I didn't have to fart lol). I believe we know our bodies best and baby kicks/punches/wiggles, while they feel similar to other bodily functions, are very much distinct. I am just about 25 weeks now and I feel my baby move OFTEN. She is an active little one.

I definitely agree... I am on baby #3 and I am sure that I was feeling movement around the 13-14 week mark. Now at 17 weeks, its much more noticeable.

I felt it at 16 weeks with my 1st. I am quite sure I wasn't feeling anything before that. I felt movement by 14 weeks with my 3rd

Definitely agree!

I felt one thump, one time at 14 weeks with my first and I definitely knew it was baby. My husband thought I was nuts. I started feeling him more often just a couple weeks later.

Preach it!

I've felt this baby since 10 weeks (he gave me the tiniest tickles every once in a while) and no one believed me. My fiancé was even skeptical until he saw the little guy kick me during an ultrasound and I felt the tickle at the same time. I don't doubt anyone anymore when they say they felt the baby and it's super early!

I felt some of mine pretty early, 12-13 weeks. This one I'm not feeling much at all :( i check her hb on my Doppler everyday still because the movements are so faint and irregular.

I felt movement this begining of the week and something that seemed like at big kick on Thursday. I am pretty much certain it wasn't gas this time but I thought maybe almost 17 weeks it was too early for kicks. I didnt really feel anything yesterday but I think the baby might have move toward the back cos my bump is not as hard.

I felt little pops at 10 weeks, definitely nothing like any gas I'd had before. Last night I felt quite a little nudge, the strongest so far! (I'm 12 weeks peaking over to second tri!) Can't really call it a proper kick, but I knew for sure it was baby, as it's the same spot I found the heartbeat on the doppler last night, and the same spot I've had these pops! I was also shocked to hear the movements before I even found the heartbeat this time round, it was definitely movement as it was the same noises my son would make when kicking away, and I hadn't heard any sounds similar to that the week before (baby would have been too low down the week before!)

Hell I remember a nurse few years back looking at me odd when I said I could feel exactly where my cervix was. It's good to know about your own body!

Gas is definitely the only thing I'm feeling so far :haha: which is surprising because this little one
had incredibly long legs at the scan!

Totally!!!
With my first son I felt some flutters at 14 weeks - and initially dismissed them because I was thought it would be awhile yet. I wasn't "looking for it" at all.

After a couple of days I realized it was happening every day, even if just a few times, and I just knew. I mean, I didn't feel that before at all, then progressively got stronger and stronger until he was born, so....

With my second I swear I felt things even sooner, and it would've been right around the time the nervous system was kicking in and the fetus could have uncontrolled, spontaneous movements. I don't usually go into that because I don't want the eye rolls, but don't worry. Go on and get excited :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->