kids party food help?

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
hiya i need ideas for party food for a 6 year old birthday tea (not a massive party....i hope lol) ideas please??

:muaha:

Kids around that age tend to not be too fussy,

little sandwiches cut into triangles (umm fillings you could just stick to the basics, ham, chesse - just get the plastic stuff, they'll turn their noses up at heaven forbid real cheese :rofl:, tuna mayo tends to get eaten, throw in some jam ones if you dare - sticky!!)

mini sausage rolls,

cocktail sausages,

some crackers or breadsticks

mini pizzas are usually a favourite, i usually just get some tesco value etc ones and cut them into small squares, just stick to cheese and tomato if you want it to all get eaten (you can make them before and serve cold).

Salad/veggie sticks - cucumber, carrot, celery and maybe a simple dip like sour cream and chive.

Fruit - pickable things like berries, grapes etc are best as they wont spoil if you pop them out for them.

if you trust them not get get things all over your carpets etc (or if you can throw them outside) maybe some ice pop type things as it's pretty hot.

Hope i've given you a few bits to go on there hun!

chicken dippers are always a good bet too :)

you cant forget the jelly and ice cream!!

x

awesome thanks, am hoping the weathers going to stay mild. im making the cake i have in my Avictor which should go down well,

x

jelly actually makes me feel sick! reminds me of boggers lol! will ask mil to make some and bring it over!

My 4 year old son love making sandwiches and using different shaped cookie cutters to make "shaped" sandwiches. Also he loves placing chopped fresh fruit on a wooden stick to make fruit kebabs.

Hope the party goes well xxx

u know aside from the candy and chips the thing that i always loved as a kid believe it or not as parties was little mini sandiches. u take a piece of bread, cut off the crust and fill with egg mayo, tuna mayo, cheese, marmite,peanut butter and jelly- anything you like really and then cut the bread diagonally twice so that you make little triangle sandwiches. yum!

this threads making me hungry now...nom nom nom. so general crap food then? finger food got it i can handle that, i have no idea how many kids are coming either! im not so organized!

yup general junky finger food :)
good luck hun x

I was at my cousins 5th bday party and they made pizza wraps by themselves. They all lined up and had a pita wrap and pizza sauce, then put whatever they wanted (toppings were cut up in seperate bowls) and then they got popped in the mic for a couple seconds to heat it. Went over really well

My 4 year old son love making sandwiches and using different shaped cookie cutters to make "shaped" sandwiches. Also he loves placing chopped fresh fruit on a wooden stick to make fruit kebabs.

Hope the party goes well xxx

I thought only my daughter did that lol , She got a big cook little cook book , And now we make shaped butter sandwiches every other day ..

Good luck for your party hun , Finger food allways goes down well . Weather hot or cold if there messy and tired by the end of the party it means you did well lol . xxxxxx .

hehe im dreading it, we are going on holiday at 7am the next day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->