kids with the same initials O.o

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
We are having our 2md boy and cannot agree on a name.

Our son is called oscar and oh wants to name baby oliver / ollie. Now i dont dislike oliver but im not sure im keen on using the same letter.

What if we have a 3rd we'd then need to go O again. Oh days im being stupid and no1 would bat an eye lid at 3 kids called cor example oscar, oliver and sam.

Opinons

I don't see any issues with having same first letters and can't imagine anyone would even think about you needing to call a third with the same.if you like the name there's no issue. My friend named her two sons the same first initial and middle initial. . All same as he husband. I personally wouldn't do that just because of post!

Why would you need to go O again for a third?!

It wouldn't bother me- I have 2 girls both starting with A and if this ones a girl it may possibly have an A name.

I dunno it would just seem odd. I would want the 3rd to feel funny about there name not matching.

I do like oliver. Maybe its not as big a deal as my brains making it feel :haha:

Haha! I think we overthink things sometimes. I'd use Oliver and worry about the thirds name when you come to it 😉

My sister's both have names starting with A and my name starts with J. It never once occurred to me that my name didn't match. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

My OHs older brothers are both J names and OHs is an M name. I did wonder and asked MIL once and she said I was the first person to ever mention it (her sons are 45,43 and 33). I don't think many people would notice or care.

My OH and his brother both have the same initial though one is a P sound and the other a PH so they sound different.

The only problem he found was that his mum used it as an excuse to open his post so she could apparently see who it was for.

Different middle initials should help,

I think two with the same initial is totally fine, for me it gets weird when there are 3 or more with the same initial... so I'd argue that you shouldn't go with an 'O' name for a third. :haha:

I agree with you and wouldn't give them names with the same first letter. I don't think it's silly at all, and I am vetoing any names starting with J or S- my daughters first name initials.
If the names had the same first initial, but different sounds (ex. Celina and Catherine) that might not be an issue. I also want to label my kids stuff with their initials, and it would get confusing if two of them had the same. Also, I think you are more likely to call them by the wrong name if their names sounds similar.

I have an Alfie & an Alister. I will admit that this one will not only be have an A name but will be having an AL name. I've not planned it this way, It's just that this baby is my last & I love the name Alexandra so will be using the male equivalent if it's a boy.

I don't know how I would feel if I gave this baby a different initial first name after two A names, but that's just me.

I don't see any issues with having same first letters

It totally doesn't matter! They are great names.

My DH has a brother also starting with an L, but the other siblings don't.

This is funny as I have an Oliver and expecting a second baby and we have the name Oscar on our list but I've said to DH how I think Oliver and Oscar is a lovely pairing but it would irritate me so much under had a third and used a different initial. DH thinks I'm being silly though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->