Kind of Worried...

PinkPokaDots

Reaction score
I am 14+4... this is #2 for me. I had a normal pregnancy with my son up until 26 weeks when I got pre-e... and delivered via csection at 34 weeks.
So this last week... I've started noticing some pressure and discomfort with my cervix. Today has been especially bad, bad back pain, a lot of cramping, sharp stabbing persistent pains in my cervix... and a tooon of pressure every time I go to sit on the toilet or something. I considered leaving a message with my OB, but the office closes in a few minutes so they wont get back to me until Monday anyways. I didn't have any problems with my cervix or anything with my last pregnancy. Do you think I have anything to worry about, like incomplete cervix or early early labor or anything? I'm just worried maybe the csection, and the fact that I got preggo when my son was only 11 months could have cause my uterus/cervix to not be as strong. Ive felt the baby kick a few times today... so I know he/she is ok in there.

Maybe I'm just being an over worrier... lol. I remember "lightning crotch" with my first pregnancy. But never in conjunction with this pressure and cramping/back pain

Is there anyone else you can see for a check up while your ob is closed?
It might be normal but it might be something worth having checked.

I haven't had lightening crotch this pregnancy (yet) but I do get horrible pressure and stabby pains through my back and front when I've done too much, moved a certain way or if baby is in a bad position. Does resting help ease it?

Good luck and keep us updated xxx

I had this last week on top of horrible nausea. Lots of vaginal pressure and sharp stabbing pains in my cervix. From what I read it's normal as long as there is no blood. I would still call the MD though.

Can it possible be constipation? Maybe causing the pressure when you sit on the toilet?

I've just recently learned about the term "lightening crotch" and I have to say, I find it hilarious!! However, I was in sort of the same situation at 12 weeks with this pregnancy and I was hurting so bad in my back that I couldn't get out of bed! It lasted 3 days for me, although it can last several weeks if you're unlucky! I called my OB on a Monday (after a n awful weekend of pain) and she assured me that it was round ligament pain, which is normal. She also told me that it gets worse with every pregnancy so if this is your 2nd pregnancy, it will feel worse than your first. It is completely normal and your body's way of stretching and getting ready to make room for baby as baby continues to grow. It sucks, yes, but it is a good thing for baby! You don't want him or her to be cramped up in there! Good Luck!!

First, I hope you are feeling a little better :hugs: Second, I'm 18 weeks and I have had cramps my whole pregnancy. I also have had lightning crotch...hate when that happens. Have you been drinking enough water? I have read multiple things about if you're dehydrated you can cramp and get many other symptoms. I know for a fact that if I haven't Had enough water my cramping can get pretty bad.

I also get a lot of pressure time to time, especially when sitting at the toilet. Try to lay down as much as you can, trying no to sit for long periods of time either. I say for so long yesterday in a car and holy moly I was a mess last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->