Kony 2012 - Please read.

KatVM

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

If anyone has some spare time in your very busy lives can you check out this link.

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

I hope a few of you have time to watch this very powerful video and can increase awareness of what is going on in the world today! All you need to do is share this information.( No need to donate, although I am sure they welcome it) Please Don`t let this turn into the same thing that happen with Hitler, take control and end this war.

If nothing else, it's wonderful that this video is inspiring so many people. I have a few younger people on my facebook, and their conversation about this video appeared on my wall. They said that they felt as though their voice could be heard for the first time in their lives, that they were inspired to start taking action and voting, one is even organizing a gathering with his schoolmates to join together and discuss issues that are important to them. The video reaches beyond their message about Kony, and it's so nice to see it having an impact on people.

I posted on a thread about this in the general section:

The video is very powerful and strong and incredibly sad and i can see how this will raise awareness, i never heard of Kony, i do now!!... but like some others have said i would have to reserch more into the situation, rather than take that video at face value.

Personally i feel the world will never ever be perfect, but can be better, we can all make the world a better place.

It made me appreciate my life more and how insignificant our problems are compared to others in the world x

edit:

i have been researching online and have been reading information about the oil found in uganda, it is one of the most corrupt places on this planet, it is impossibe to ever be able to find out what really is going on.
we live in a world where its all about money and power and we are a long long long way off, if ever, of it being any other way.

as it stands i wouldnt donate to this charity but Uganda needs this kind of media attention. x

If anyone has some spare time in your very busy lives can you check out this link.

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

I hope a few of you have time to watch this very powerful video and can increase awareness of what is going on in the world today! All you need to do is share this information.( No need to donate, although I am sure they welcome it) Please Don`t let this turn into the same thing that happen with Hitler, take control and end this war.

Unfortunately, this is not true. Kony has not been recruiting for years, its actually very possible he has already died in the Congo.

I've posted elsewhere about this, so i'll keep it very short. Please, please, please i can not stress enough that it is irresponsible to watch a promotional video and do no independent research on the matter.

this is a good read.

https://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/

The article is hefty and I haven't read it in its entirety, but I don't agree with the suggestion that foreign aid should be cut. There has been a very knowledgeable group of people who have written a great article on "sustainable aid" as opposed to the current aid that just creates aid-dependency. I know this is OT and the main issue is Kony, but still.

Also, the author of the article implies that the Western world in its various capacities just jump into Africa thinking they know whats best, but he goes and does exactly the same thing by making his aforementioned suggestion. :shrug:

In fact, I feel abit annoyed at his stance "don't fly to Africa like a Western idiot"...I am African and I am saying "FLY THERE" (if you feel inclined that is) whether you feel like an idiot is up to you not some random person to judge... so many good works have been done by Westerners who made impromptu visits. So many homes and charities started by people who WENT AND SAW. It annoys me when in the name of helping africa reach self-self-sufficiency, people go the other extreme and want to sever all help before Africa is ready.

This post is subject to further thinking on my part.

I'm not really qualified to speak on the rest of the article, I won't pretend to understand anymore of the situation in africa than your stereotypical westerner. I think though he was trying to get across that the organization was wastin money bringing the people over there with money that people donated in hopes of helping the effected people, not vacations for people who couldn't even be bothered to educate themselves a bit on the situation first.

I think it's foolish for anyone to go anywhere without a little knowledge on the place they are going though.

But the important thing the article explains is that this video gave people the impression that this was this situation in Uganda NOW in 2012 and that's completely false!

Btw, does the video on YouTube have adds on it? Cos I'd like to know where the money they make off of the ads is going (if it has ads).

Unfortunately, this is not true. Kony has not been recruiting for years, its actually very possible he has already died in the Congo.

I've posted elsewhere about this, so i'll keep it very short. Please, please, please i can not stress enough that it is irresponsible to watch a promotional video and do no independent research on the matter.

this is a good read.

https://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-visible-problem-with-invisible-children/
He was arrested back in 2006 and vanished pressumed killed

Did everybody see the article about one of the creators? :shock:

https://www.examiner.com/pop-cultur...on-tape-kony-2012-mastermind-seen-going-crazy

I mean it must be so stressful to have a huge source of income like that while doing something you feel so passionately about. :wacko:

Specially now, after it just went viral.

People are still supporting this Kony 2012 after all the negative press the foundation has received?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->