Labor and taking showers to relax...are you nude?

monte3375

Reaction score
I seriously want to know....I take baths to relax every night.

Our birthing center only has showers but they are set up for me and spouse to relax and massage during labor.

They advised hubby to bring a couple of suits...

Are you bringing a suit...there is no way these EE boobs that used to be C will fit in my medium swimsuit...or my pregnant 42 gain body...

Naked? Will I care?

I have heard of ladies wearing a bump band or one of those crop top ahh bra thingos ... Maybe that... They're only $10 or so

Thankfully I still somehow have a suit that fits and ill be taking that with me. However, when I went on our hospital tour, the nurse said that it was no big deal to get in the tub naked. She said that the nurses are used to seeing it.

I get hot and hate clothes in labour so I'm usually stripped bare, I don't even think of it anymore, they are used to seeing it and all I want is to be comfy,

I was fully dilated when I got to hospital so no shower but don't see why you couldn't just wear an old singlet/t-shirt or the bra that fits now (it is only water) if it makes you happy? I was wearing a bra and singlet for most of the pushing but towards the end the m/w took those off (so I'd be ready for immediate skin to skin) and honestly... I couldn't have cared less (and I'm so NOT a naked person)!

I have heard of ladies wearing a bump band or one of those crop top ahh bra thingos ... Maybe that... They're only $10 or so

Ohhh I have those...wore to avoid prego jeans through 1st tri...great idea!

The way I see it, The women there will be seeing my 'bits' when Tanner's making them look like an aliens' parts lol and they will be practically staring at my boobs when I first breast feed so I will have no problem hopping in the tub in the buff. I really want to put off pain relief for as long as possible (I DO want gas but there is no way in hell that a needle is going anywhere near my spine unless it's emergency!!!!) so I reckon I wont care at that point, I'll just want the relief of a bath lol.

Just wear whatever you're comfortable with. I'm hoping for a water birth so I think I will take a tankini and just wear the top!

i just wear a bump band. Really comfy and a little supportive (got big boobs so dont feel comfortable braless for a long time)

If your in labour you dont want to be wearing anything on bottom.

I get hot and hate clothes in labour so I'm usually stripped bare, I don't even think of it anymore, they are used to seeing it and all I want is to be comfy,

This - I kept my clothes on with Eddy but that was down to the speed of his arrival. I wanted the clothes off but couldn't get them off....then he was here! lol.

The midwives and assistants have seen it all lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->