Labor fizzled out.. how soon before it starts back up?

icegurl470

Reaction score
Woke up feeling a little crappy 38+4 with #2. Started in with the nausea vomiting and diarrhea, started getting contractions, they became regular: 2 close together then one further apart, just like with my first but they never got longer or closer together and eventually fizzled out. This has never happened to me before. I still feel crappy, still have diarrhea and crampy pressure feeling in my belly and maybe some tightening, but sadly no noticeable contractions. Called L&D and they said it could have been a bug that triggered contractions or it could have be early labor in a lull or maybe early labor that just fizzled out, hard to tell. Has anyone had this happen? How soon before real labor?

Probably not the news you were hoping for but I've been like this for 2 weeks now :( Nearly every day for 2 weeks I've started getting regular contractions that fizzle out to nothing. Also had loose bowels for 2 weeks. My MW thinks once I go I'll go super quickly. DOn't know what my body is playing at, it knows what to do from last time, and it didn't do this before, why the hell is it messing about. Let's get this show on the road. I don't think DH is going to believe me when I tell him it really is the time!

Thanks, yeah no contractions today diarrhea and vomiting is gone.. been to the dr and im 2cm dilated 50% effaced, so could be anytime. I know this type of thing is more common with subsequent babies, but damn, it felt like the real thing! Contractions were somewhat short but painful and accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting just like with my first. Now I'm worried I wont know when it is the real thing!

Woke up feeling a little crappy 38+4 with #2. Started in with the nausea vomiting and diarrhea, started getting contractions, they became regular: 2 close together then one further apart, just like with my first but they never got longer or closer together and eventually fizzled out. This has never happened to me before. I still feel crappy, still have diarrhea and crampy pressure feeling in my belly and maybe some tightening, but sadly no noticeable contractions. Called L&D and they said it could have been a bug that triggered contractions or it could have be early labor in a lull or maybe early labor that just fizzled out, hard to tell. Has anyone had this happen? How soon before real labor?

I had that on and off for a week until I got a sweep and it started things off properly x

Probably not the news you were hoping for but I've been like this for 2 weeks now :( Nearly every day for 2 weeks I've started getting regular contractions that fizzle out to nothing. Also had loose bowels for 2 weeks. My MW thinks once I go I'll go super quickly. DOn't know what my body is playing at, it knows what to do from last time, and it didn't do this before, why the hell is it messing about. Let's get this show on the road. I don't think DH is going to believe me when I tell him it really is the time!

This is me too! Last night they really ramped up from midnight until 6am'ish and now just the usual BH's:shrug: I am wondering if my baby's position (partly posterior) is making my body work harder than it needs to to sort itself out for the real deal so going to work on hands and knees, fitbsll stuff etc today:wacko:

I had contractions for 3 weeks last time and still went overdue. I'd get them every night, 3 or 4 minutes apart, consistently, for like 2 hours. Then they'd stop and repeat the process again the next night.

I'm starting to see the same routine start up in this pregnancy, only I get the contractions in the morning/early afternoon instead. Hoping it leads somewhere, but knowing I'll probably end up induced again!

If its any consolation - I was induced at 40+3 last time - I was already dilated to a 5 from the prodromal labor (and had been for more than a week) but my actual labor was fairly short and very easy. So I'm sort of excited that I'm doing the prodromal labor thing again this time, hoping it leads to another easy delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->