Ladies, I'm SAD :'(

floatingbaby

Mum of 1 and Preggo!
Reaction score
Just looking for some support.
I had posted a while ago about the potential that I might get a midwife which would mean I would get the home birth I so desire. But I just got off the phone with her (MW) and she says she doesn't think she'll be able to take me on. Has enough people for July already :sad1:

Before, it looked like a lady was going to be moving and so a spot would open up, but she didn't move so no openings... I let myself get too excited. Damn my positive thinking :cry:

I know the most important thing is that baby and I get quality care from any professional, I just really didn't want to have to give birth in the hospital. And now I feel totally bummed :nope: We are still planning on meeting on Tuesday morning though, I don't really know why, just to say hi? Anyway, I have been so positive and happy this entire pregnacy: :cloud9: everday! But now I feel so gloomy.
*sniff*

Really sorry to hear that. It has been very hard for us to find a MW at all and I was really pleased when we managed to get the contacts of two. When it turned out neither of them were available I so upset because I thought they were the only options locally. Finally after a bunch more calls and e-mails my husband has tracked down another who is available and I'm hoping she will agree to take us on. Anyway I'd say don't give up yet, if she is meeting with you that's good, explain how desperate you are for a home birth and ask if there is anyway she can fit you in to let you know, my mum had a home birth with a MW that had another client due about the same time but she accepted my mum with the understanding if they were both in labour at the same time my mum would have to go to hospital. If there is no way she can do it ask if she knows anyone else, that's finally how we tracked this one down. Sometimes MW are willing to drive from a couple of hours away to attend a HB.

Do you not have independent midwives where you live? As in not attached to any hospital or birth center. That was what we did and after the first homebirth I freebirthed. We were short of cash at the time so we sold our car to pay for the IM. Of course we would have transferred to hospital if everything had gone pear shaped so we had neighbour willing to drive me if needs be since we no longer had a car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->