Ladies please all read.... Thank you!!

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been reading a few posts about women who have reduced or increased fetal movement, losing weight in pregnancy etc. Please all go to https://www.countthekicks.org.uk but the basic facts are...

1. Any change in normal patterns of movement including increased movement should be reported to your midwife or hospital immediately. No big deal but they are dead happy to see women who are at all concerned.

2. Movements may stop increasing after 32 weeks ish but shouldn't reduce. Baby's don't move less when they run out of space or rest preparing for labour.

3. Even if you hear baby on a Doppler or can feel some movements, still get checked'!!

I admit I'm a bit more aware this time after a couple of losses but my daughters movements slowed down towards the end and I was losing weight but I didn't think anything of it. In the end we were lucky, she was fine although born at 42 weeks on the 5th centile so we're getting growth scans this time.

Please go to the site, friend them on Facebook, download the app, buy a bracelet. Count the kicks is sooooo important xxx

Fully agree!! If it hadn't of been for that page on Facebook I wouldn't of been going into hospital on Monday to be induced! 3 episodes of reduced movements and baby is on 5th percentile amazing charity!

Nice one button. I do ten minutes every night when baby is usually pretty active (I think about 9.30pm is good for me!!) and it varies lies but I find it very reassuring x

Mine always kicks just before I say to OH 'ooh look she's kicking' and then she stops until OH has given up waiting for her to kick again!

Yeah we've got one of those! You end up sitting there like muppets til someone gives up ;)

Thanks for this post :) I should forward this to my dr ! Lol sad but true :/ .... I can say this much, anytime I'm worried I have always gone in.... Even if they end me home within 30 min I have never felt stupid, it's so much better safe than sorry!

Well true to my message I'm back in the hospital. Baby has been moving but much less than usual since early evening yesterday. Every time I woke up last night I was will baby to start rolling and kicking as always but still only the odd kick so I've come in to be checked out. Better safe than sorry eh?

Yes all fine. They put me on a monitor this time!

Good, tell baby to stop being a pickle!

Will do button. I think it had changed position so it was back to my back and sideways so I couldn't feel much!!

I would like to share what happened to me. My m/w had said to me to get in touch with the delivery suite if there was any change to the pattern of baby's movement, the way she worded it stuck in my head. Now I'm a no nonsense kind of girl and not one to waste peoples time so when, at dead on 38 weeks, I woke to madam being quite I didn't really pay it much attention. I did a tonne of stuff through the day but didn't experience any of her usual acrobatics so by early evening I was a bit concerned but not unduly.( madam had her own agenda most of the time but I should have felt more). I listened with the doppler and nice strong hb but I read on internet not to put too much store in that. I was debating whether to ring delivery or just wait til morning, hubs was out and I was making dinner and I thought well I'll just worry if I don't so I rang the delivery suite and they said come in. Got to the ward and the hooked me up to the monitor, I didn't feel much movement so I didn't pass and was left on the monitor for 10 moee mins, thats when the problems showed themselves, I started having decelerations so they got a dr to come and check the trace. (I was on my own as I was convinced that all was ok and I'd be home in 20 mins). The dr decided to leave me on the trace for a while longer and think about inducing me or at least keeping an eye on me overnight, no one seemed overly worried, they kept an eye on the trace and then all of a sudden they were bundling me to a private room, taking my clothes off and getting me to sign a consent form. I didn't have chance to ring hubbie or anything. In theatre they continued to monitor me and babys hb went down to 80bpm, within a minute they were cutting me to get her out. Thankfully she came out screaming 3 hrs after I arrived at the hospital. It took me a couple of weeks to come to terms with the fact that had I left it and gone the next day I wouldn't be holding her today. They don't know why she was in distress but because I eventually did what I told to do by my mw she is here and safe and gorgeous. Sorry its so long but please, please anyone who reads this, if you have any worries get it checked out.

Thanks Nand. So pleased there was such a happy ending but it must've been a huge shock for you! It just shows it can make the difference between life and death. I'll keep going any time I'm worried xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->