Ladies that have had a uterus infection after birth

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
I had my daughter on 21st November via C-section. I was diagnosed with a uterus infection a week ago although looking back I now know it had ben coming for a week or so before I went to the doctors. I was given 2 sets of antibiotics (cephalexin and metronidazole) to take 3 times a day together for 7 days. Today was my last day of taking them but i'm still getting the stringy/smiley blood.

How long after the antibiotics does it take for this to go? Its not much especially compared to what it was but I would have thought it would have gone by now.

I would go back to the doctor if you still have symptoms. I had an infection because of a slow leak in my waters but it was diagnosed right when I gave birth so by the time I was 'with it' enough to look at/smell my bleeding (maybe a couple of days pp), i didn't have any untoward symptoms xx

I took two sets, flucloxicillan & penicillan. For one week. That didn't work so I had to go back and get swabs and they gave me metronizole. I had a failed placenta removal and had the glorious experience of having it manually removed with a hook.

Go back to doctor tell him about the smell, he will more than likely swab you. Have you any pain?? Are you BF?

I was on clindamycin and ciprofloxacin. IV for 5 days then pills for 10 more. My bleeding stopped but I then had stringy discharge for months which they weren't worried by. Definitely go back, I've had all sorts of complications since and some could have been prevented. Xxx

I didn't mean to type smelly that should have said stringy/slimy. The smell went after 3 days and the bleeding started to ease after 4/5 days but its still their a bit. I know the bleeding can last upto 6 weeks but its the stringy part that concerns me.

I would go back to the doctor if you still have symptoms. I had an infection because of a slow leak in my waters but it was diagnosed right when I gave birth so by the time I was 'with it' enough to look at/smell my bleeding (maybe a couple of days pp), i didn't have any untoward symptoms xx

Same as me, I'd go get it checked if you are unsure about anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->