Ladies with Cysts/PCOS Questions about your TWW

Beeptime

Reaction score
Hi Lovelies,

After my 8th Positive OPK in a row, I am doing some investigating. I am what I believe to be 12DPO. NO temping b/c NTNP. I have read that PCOS & ovarian cysts can cause you LH to stay high causing repeat positive OPKs. I don't have any of the "symptoms" of PCOS that I can find. Pretty regular cycles, not overweight, actually have been losing a little weight without effort, very little body hair, don't remember the others. Anyway, I'm sure there might still be a chance that I have it considering I can't self diagnose, especially without a hormone panel. My other thought was just a cyst or two?

My question is this- What does having a cyst feel like for you? Cramps? Aches? All over? One sided? How about DURING the TWW as opposed to the rest of your cycle?

For over a week (during my TWW, but NOT before O) I've been having dull achey cramps. They have been totally moving around. Sometimes near my right ovary, sometimes near the left, sometimes near my belly button, but mostly centered very low in my uterus area. Also have been having mega lower back ache/cramps this entire time as well. Aches and pains all over different areas at different times. Just trying to find out if this sound like typical cramping/aches from cysts?

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Symptoms can be different for everyone I'm sure but I was recently diagnosed with a 2.4cm ovarian cyst on my right ovary. It felt exactly like when I had appendicitis to be honest. Wasn't Keeling over in pain but it hurt to the touch, it seemed to move slightly where I couldn't exactly pinpoint where it was that was hurting. Below my bellybutton to the right, all over, it was hurting and not getting any better.
Because I had an appendectomy only about 6 months ago I thought it would be wise to go to the ER in case it was a complication from surgery. That's when they found the cyst, which had shown that it has been there, popped, and came back again. I have a follow up with an obgyn to check if it got any bigger, etc for the next steps. I was also prescribed 600mg Ibuprofen to ease the pain, but I don't feel it's necessary. I just was scared of complications from the appendectomy really.
I've had symptoms of pregnancy on cycles I was clearly not pregnant too, which I believe was because of the cyst. (Exhaustion, sensitivity to smells, nausea, extreme bloating! Etc.)

I had a lot of the same feelings as wannabemomy. Mine started out just a dull cramp one night before bed. I thought nothing of it ad just went top. I woke up the next day and it was still there in the middle of my stomach. I went to work and about 4 hours later I called my sister to pick me up and take me to the emergency room it was so bad. I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand nothing to get comfortable. It then moved to my right ride and I also thought it was appendicitis. I was in the emergency literally flopping like a fish on the table. My back hurt just as much as the front. They ran all these tests and couldn't find anything. The next day I went in for a laparoscopy and they found out I had PCOS. It was literally the worst pain I had ever been in, and I consider myself pretty tolerable with pain. In the end they told me the pain I was in was about what labor feels like. Back and all. I hope that's not what you have. This is actually my first 2ww ever right now. I never had one before because AF was so messed up that I don't even think I ever O'd before. I don't have too many systems either. I have a little bit of a belly but I'm almost 30 so ya know lol, and I have a couple whiskers I pluck on my neck. Other than that though and my horrible AF haha. I am on femara now and provara so hopefully it will all work out. I have been having cramps too lately, but nothing like before. Mine are kind of just dull and low I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->