Laila-Rose Olivia born 15.05.2010

Mum2LailaRose

Reaction score
I'am new to this so ive no idea if any of this will make sense but here goes...

My little girl was due on the 8th of May 2010. On the 12th of May I went to my midwife appointment as planned, she had previously said if baby's head was engaged she would give me a sweep. When my midwife checked baby's head, she was only 3/4 engaged so couldnt do the sweep!
I rang my mum absolutely GUTTED as i was pretty fed up of being pregnant & people kept telling me it would just be my luck to have to be induced!

Thursday morning at around 6am, i kept drifting in and out of sleep with lower back pains, not too painful but enough to wake me up! I started to time them at around 10am & they were every half an hour or so, so i didnt think much of them. During the day the kept coming & going but nothing major & not at all regular.

At 1am, Friday morning, I rang the hospital as the pains were quite strong & had a huge fear of waiting too long & having to give birth at home! (no idea why) The midwife told me that it didnt sound far along enough but if i wanted i could come to be check i could, so my mum drove me to the hospital. I was checked over but was only 1cm dilated! The midwife then decided to tell me how 'agonising' labour was & that what i felt now 'was nothing' , not at all helpful!

I got home around 3am & tried to get some sleep but the contractions were too painful, at 6am i gave up trying and resorted to sitting with my front to the back of a dining room table & laying my head on a pillow on the table! it was the only position i could find where i could manage to sleep.
My mum went off to work for a few hours & my sisters stayed with me to help rub my back as ALL my contractions were in my lower back. I decided i would go for a bath but was only in there for 10minutes as it was making my contractions feel worse!

By 3:30pm, I rang the hospital again as i insisted that there was no way i was still 1cm! I finally got check at 5pm & got told i was 4cm so wasnt going home. I immediately opted for gas & air (not that it did much)
I was told to try a bath but again was in for a few minutes as it did nothing to ease the pain and was extremely uncomfortable!

I was checked again at 10:30pm & was only 5cm! I wanted to cry, i had barely moved in 5 hours! As i sat down on the birthing ball i immediately felt wet & told the midwife i thought my waters had broken. After that the contractions got more intense, i was lay bent over the hospital bed (if thats what u can call it) with the gas and air in my hand. I started to feel completely out of a control & began to panic as i could barely focus my eyes!but the midwife kept telling me to use the gas & air. I refused & decided to breathe through them myself. Eventually i asked for something more & was given pethadine which ive no idea if it works as moments later i was shouting that it felt like she was gonna come out of my back & needed to push! The midwife checked me & had to break my front waters.

At 12:35am Saturday morning, over 42 hours labour & 20 minutes pushing, at a healthy 7lb 12oz my little girl was born! Absolutely perfect in every single way! Ive never been so proud!

awwwww.... wow @ 42 hours, but I bet it was all worth it in the end. congrats.

Aww congratualtions :happydance:
Any photos ?

Aww i love your birth story! Laila-Rose is the most baby ever! congratulations!! - even though i see u all the time lol! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->