Laproscopy??? Help!

inpghttc

Reaction score
Hello girls. I am pretty upset right now. DH and I have been trying for 7 months now and I just finished my second cycle with Clomid. I ovulate on my own but my progesterone is on the low end. The first month I was on 50 mg and it didn't help at all. I just found out that this last cycle with 100 mg the Clomid only raised it to 14! The nurse told me that they could up it to 150 mg, since it's not working, but what I really should do is schedule an appointment to sit down with the RE and discuss laproscopy and moving to injectable medications! I guess the hyserosonogram doesn't mean anything because it doesn't show if I have endometriosis, polyps, or blackages in my tubes. So, now I'm starting to really worry and get scared. I never thought I'd have to go this far! !!! Can any ladies that had a lap test tell me what to expect and what it's all about?? Any advice or opinions about injectables??? So confused and worried!

I've had a few laps as I've got endometriosis. It's a straightforward minor medical procedure done as day surgery (usually), they'll have a good look around inside and they might flush some dye through your tubes to see if they're patent. This can sometimes remove minor blockages which could be causing problems. You'll have a tiny incision in your bellybutton and a tiny one by your hip. You'll be a bit sore afterwards and may well get bad pains in your shoulder (from the gas they use to inflate your abdomen so they can see what's going on) but you'll be back to your normal self in a few days.

I know it's a bit scary but look upon it as something positive which may give you the answers you're looking for and help your care providers put a plan in place to move things forward.

Thanks for your response!!! How long would I need to take off work?

Well they say 2 or 3 days but realistically a week is ideal to give yourself time to heal before you're scooting around everywhere. Being too mobile too soon just delays healing and you'll be sore for longer so if you can take a week, do it :flower:

(Saying that though, if it's just investigative, it might be fine after a couple of days. Mine I had ablation extensively so was quite sore afterwards which is maybe why I was more sore for longer.)

I had one on a friday and went back to work monday with no problem. It was good for the doc to see what was going on inside as my hsg was inconclusive. If you get shoulder pains, lay flat on your back as that helps! Best of luck!

My sis 'n' laws (3 of them) all had laps done & within months they fell pregnant!

I would like to have a lap done myself as my self funded 2nd IUI with injectibles was a bfn, but I'm not sure if I can request it before going ahead with IUI #3?..Does anyone know?

I had alap and dye done in April of 2007 ,i conceived in June of 2007 .You will be under ageneral anaesthetic ,you will go home same day,you will feel abit bloated though but its nothing that you cant handle.

I had one done and fot pg four cycles later with injectables. It really helps if you have endometiosis they clean out all that toxic crap. I only had two chocolate cysts on my ovaries and it helped me to have them removed. IT wasnt too bad at all. a cake walk compared to c section!

Thanks ladies...I met with the doc yesterday and he wants to do the lap to rule everything out this friday and then move on to injectables. On a positive note, DH's SA came back excellent...It's so funny to see them get so excited about having "super sperm"....hahahaha!

Lap was easy and have concieved 2 times low progestrone also cookies is next for us and doctor also talked about Ferama so ask lots of questions and clomid can be raised as high as 200 mg and injectables give better absorbtion level hope this helps.

Thanks hun...so glad to hear lap was easy!!! Should I be ok to go to work two days after? I'm excited about trying injectables next month!

I would definitely recommend it. I had a lap and dye in April 2010 and was found to have a few fibroids on the outside of my uterus, one of which was blocking my right tube. I was advised to have a myomectomy, but managed to get pregnant on my next cycle. The recovery was a bit painful and I seemed to be bloated for ages, but it was definitely worth it.

If ur progesterone is low ask about progesterone suppositories. I started those 3 days aftre my last dose of clomid~ laparscopy is relativly painless. The stitches are more annoying than the surgery itself..3 VERY tiny incisions, if you haven't had an hsg, do that first. That will be a guide for ur laparscopic surgery. Injectables aren't scary..the needle u can even feel go in. The thought of both surgery and the needle are much more daunting than the actual tasks. With clomid, laparscopy, and injectables w/ progesterone suppositories, preseed, softcups, and vitamin b6, I got my bfp. Do what u gotta do and the extent at what I've had done and what u r considering is just the front line basics when dealing with ttc. I count my blessings everyday with this pregnancy. Good luck to u..don't be scared, have a nice sit down with ur RE and go for it..best of luck!! Oh and I got my bfp the cycle after my laparscopy.. good luck!

Thanks guys! Good to hear...My RE is doing a lap with HSG on Tuesday...yikes! As for the progesterone creams and suppositories, my RE is not a fan...He says that studies show that low levels usually point to poor egg quality for that cycle (doesn't mean you have all bad eggs, just that cycle was poor) and so progesterone in the TWW is just a band-aid after the fact. He claims that once I start injectables next month, my progesterone should be through the roof...hope so! Good luck to all of you and congrats MegnJoe!

Well ladies, I'm officially scheduled for Lap and HSG tomorrow morning at 10:30, wish me luck!! Nervous!

This can sometimes remove minor blockages which could be causing problems.

Hello ladies...home from the lap and hsg. He found a little bit of endo and 4 polyps. Removes them all. Tubes are clear. I was quite nauseated and at the hospital for awhile. They gave me a ton of drugs but I still got sick. I'm feeling ok now...just out of it and sore. I am having a little trouble peeing and was wondering if any of you experienced that. I can go but it is soooo slow and my bladdee doesn't always feel totally empty. They gave me tons of fluid....hoping that's why.

Everything's probably a little bruised in there, especially if they've removed some polyps and endo. It should all start feeling a bit more normal over the next few days. Keep an eye on the weeing problem and head to your GP if you notice it getting worse or not changing for the better, or if you get any UTI symptoms (burning when you void etc), I'm sure it'll all be fine though :thumbup:

I had a lap in Jan 2010 to remove endo also the lining of my womb was blocked so I had to have a d&c got the mirena fitted during the surgery too. It doesnt take too long to recover from it I found wearing a comfy pants or pyjamas were the best because you can wear them low so its not irritating your wound and I had 5 days off work in my job i need to use a wrench so i could have easily hurt myself but I guess it depends on what type of job you have good luck with your recovery and the next part of your treatment :hugs:

Hello girls. I am pretty upset right now. DH and I have been trying for 7 months now and I just finished my second cycle with Clomid. I ovulate on my own but my progesterone is on the low end. The first month I was on 50 mg and it didn't help at all. I just found out that this last cycle with 100 mg the Clomid only raised it to 14! The nurse told me that they could up it to 150 mg, since it's not working, but what I really should do is schedule an appointment to sit down with the RE and discuss laproscopy and moving to injectable medications! I guess the hyserosonogram doesn't mean anything because it doesn't show if I have endometriosis, polyps, or blackages in my tubes. So, now I'm starting to really worry and get scared. I never thought I'd have to go this far! !!! Can any ladies that had a lap test tell me what to expect and what it's all about?? Any advice or opinions about injectables??? So confused and worried!

I've had laproscopy/hystescopy as well. I had suspected endo due to painful periods and pressure in my abdomen. After the procedure, the only thing that was found was I had a retroverted uterus and a polyp. Recovery for me was minimal, a few days. I had my lap. done in 2007, and HSG in 2010. All looked well. We did injectable meds; needles didn't bother me I did them myself. Depends on your sensitivity to pain. Needless to say, we didn't get pregnant after 13 months of meds. We started with clomid for 3 months, then injectables on and off for 7 cycles, and tried combinations with femera as well. I responded great! Sometimes 6 mature follicles, but still no pregnancy even with my fiance's great semen analysis. I say go for the injectables as it will increase your chances. Good luck and keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->