lasagne and bolognese

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
so now annabelle is almost reaching 6 months i want to be starting to prepare larger meals.

i will be including meat into these meals and am going to freeze them so its easier.

i want to make a lasagne and a bolegnese but not really sure what ingredients i can use to make these.

i normally use jar red and white sauce for lasagne but not sure how to make them suitable for a baby

any suggestions?

Thanks girls

Lou
xxx

I just use tined tomatos and a bit of tom puree and some mixed herbs, cook some finely chopped onions and mushrooms and add them. I never used to use the jars for Jack bit more relaxed with it now, we have the jar now and again now he is almost 3 but still just make my own sauce cos of salt additives ect..x

i make the sauce the same as paula for maddi :) yum! just cook up lots of mushrooms, onions, tinned tomatoes, and some herbs :) should say i used to blend it down for her when she was younger hon xx

i would pop a little in there honey, no reason they can't have some, though they probably wouldn't like it too strong, maddi likes a little! :)

You can buy a jar of Pasata, it's fresh tomaoes sieved (so no lumps) i would add garlic and mushrooms. Be aware if you've not given her onion before as it can cause a bit of an upset tum (they did with Grace). Good luck hun xx

i make sauces. white sauce is soooo easy and i just tend to use tinned tomatoes and maybe some stock, can't use regular stock far to salty, boots do a baby friendly one. garlics is fine but remember you still need to introduce foods slowly.

Ive been buying the pouches of baby sauces so far, think by heinz and cow and gate :)

i'm easing myself into this cooking lark lol.

babies love garlic!! i remember being told in hospital that they love your milk even more if you eat garlic and vanilla! and iceberg lettuce gives them wind!!

anway, bolognese sauce, fry off onions and garlic, brown the mince, add a tin of tomoatoes or pasata, few herbs, reduce, done!!

white sauce, bit of butter in a pan, melt it, add flour so it forms a roux (kinda like a big lump), gradually add milk and leave to go thicker! if you're doing lasagne you need to put some sauce on the bottomm of your dish cos otherwise the pasta wont cook!

not too sure on quantities cos i just do it by sight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->