Laser eye surgery

supernurse

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Anyone had it or know anyone who's had it?
If you've had it how much did it realistically cost cause they always advertise "from £... an eye" but obviously costs more than advertised.

Desperately want it done, I hate wearing my glasses and the way they make me look and cause I don't wear them every day my eyesight is getting worse (stupid I know). x

hey.
my dad went to see about this.
he wears glasses for short distance reading * i think *
they said they dont do the treatment to fix this sort of problem that occurs with the eye.
so what hell do they do it for?? lol

My cousin had it done (sorry dont know how much it cost) as she had terrible eyesight, her eyes were great for a couple of years but they went back to normal and she has to wear glasses again now.

My cousin had it done (sorry dont know how much it cost) as she had terrible eyesight, her eyes were great for a couple of years but they went back to normal and she has to wear glasses again now.

wow, you wouldn't think that your eyes would revert back. That's a scary thought spending all that money for nothing.

I'd love this but I aint got the cash for it lol.

I didn't know your eyesight could go back to being the same it was before.

:o

Hi there

I had it done over 2 yrs ago & at the moment it's the best thing I've done....my dad, step-dad & sister-in-law have all had it done too. I was short-sighted (-2.50 & -2.75 I think in my eyes). I had a choice of 2 different types of laser surgery, (this is the gruesome bit), 1) they scrape the cornea, laser & then you have a bandage contact on for a few days & 2) they slice the cornea, flip it, laser it then flip it back....obviously that's very simple terms & it may have changed since I has it done, or I may have got it a bit wrong, but that's roughly it I think!! I had the 1st option & if I had the choice now I would choose the 2nd (less pain or no pain I believe, according to step-dad & sister-in-law), back to work the same day, (I wasn't)! Think it cost around £1000, but still was money well spent, so good to get rid of my contacts. Get a little bit of dry eye now & again, but apart from that ok!! Feel free to ask any more questions, if I can remember the answers I'll happily let you know.

Good luck
Love Jayne x

My friend had it done, she paid a lot for it, but it was so worth it and she is thrilled with the results.

OH had it done almost 8 years ago, and it came to £1200 for both eyes. It was for short-sightedness and I think it was LASIK. It was a while ago, so things might have changed now.

He says his eyesight isn't perfect, he does get a tiny bit of bluriness around lights at night, but he is very happy with the result. He did it because he only started wearing glasses as an adult and couldn't get used to them. It was worth it for him, because he still doesn't have to wear glasses. He gets dry eyes occasionally, but cheap over-the-counter drops work fine. He had to wear these huge, ugly clear glass glasses for about a week afterwards, but other than that, it was all fine.

You eyes don't revert back to how they were after the surgery, but your eyesight does continue to deteroriate. Some peoples deteroriates very quickly, and have to go back to wearing glasses quite soon.

I had it done the week before xmas. It is the best thing i have ever done!!

I can see perfectly and even the day after i had 20/20 vision and was ok to drive.

I had it done at Optimax in Bristol and they were superb. I cannot fault them in any way.

I have some recommend a friend cards that give the person wanting it £500 off. Trust me this is a big saving as it is expensive but seriously is the best thing i have ever done.
If you are seriously interested, email me and i can send you a card with money off.

The price mine came to was £3500 but i had £1000 off so only paid £2500, WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

I had mine done in 2002. I am now in glasses again. I am not sure if I would do it again to get out of glasses. But, I am far better than 20/800.

I had it done the week before xmas. It is the best thing i have ever done!!

I can see perfectly and even the day after i had 20/20 vision and was ok to drive.

I had it done at Optimax in Bristol and they were superb. I cannot fault them in any way.

I have some recommend a friend cards that give the person wanting it £500 off. Trust me this is a big saving as it is expensive but seriously is the best thing i have ever done.
If you are seriously interested, email me and i can send you a card with money off.

The price mine came to was £3500 but i had £1000 off so only paid £2500, WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Yeah, I got a £1000 off letter through the post the other day, was wanting to wait till I go back to work in April but have to use it before end of feb.

Do you know if Optimax do a lifetime guarantee cause ultralase advertise this?

Yeah, I got a £1000 off letter through the post the other day, was wanting to wait till I go back to work in April but have to use it before end of feb.

Do you know if Optimax do a lifetime guarantee cause ultralase advertise this?

Take the plunge hun. Read up loads so you know exactly what to expect, or i can pm you if you lke.

Optimax don't do a lifetime guarantee i don't think. Am pretty sure its only a year but don't quote me on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->