Laser Hair Removal

2011butterfly

I don't think there's a place for this thread. But thought this will be the best.

I'm interested in having laser hair removal and would like to hear of some experiences. I'm planning between 6-8 treatments, then I'm expecting to be hair free.
I have also heard that during pregnancy (not having children until at least 3 years) your hormones makes you more hairy all over - especially for dark haired women. So a bit scared as don't want laser removal to be a waste.

Would love to hear your experiences and whether the outcome was what you expected?

Hmmm. Honestly speaking i suggest to every one that don't do such treatment. Because laser have so many side effects but people have no idea about that how harmful to remove hair from a laser. It cause a skin cancer. And also damage your upper skin layer.

I had LHR done last year/this year and I am not very happy with the results.
First of all, DO NOT expect to be HAIR FREE in 6-8 sessions. Not even close!!!! You would have to go for many many years to get those kind of results. Thats why celebs all do it, since they have the $$.

Anyway I had many areas of my body done. Face, full legs, bikini line, underarms, happy trail. I had about 5 sessions on each area and here are my results:
Finer, softer hair all over. I used to shave my legs and underarms almost every day and still felt the hair within a few hours. I hated it. Now I can shave once every other day or even every 3 days. I would say 10% of the hair is gone. I had the best results on my bikini line and legs. No more red bumps after shaving and the area stays smooth longer. However I am not happy with the results on my face and happy trail. The amount of underarm hair I have is exactly the same but is softer and I can shave closer.

One more thing...the PAIN. The pain is the reason I am not going back in for more treatments. My first two were not so bad but they need to turn the strength of the laser up each time so that you can continue to see good results and this just KILLED ME!!! I tried ice, I tried the numbing cream, I tried to relax. Nothing helped. The stinging and burning sensation can be felt so far down under your skin and it really sucks. The place I went to is pretty state of the art and use the cooling air blower to help with the pain, but no matter how high they set it, it only slightly helped.

Last time I went they were doing my upper lip and I could feel the heat of the laser burning my teeth thru my skin.

Like I said, for the results I got the pain was not worth it. If you're gona spend all the money on yourself why not pamper yourself instead? Go in for a few sessions to decrease the feel of the hair and make shaving and waxing easier, but DO NOT expect to be hair free like they advertise. Its just BS.

Hope that helps. If you have any other Qs let me know. Oh yeah, I was also the "perfect" candidate for LHR. Light skin with dark hair.

Hmmm. Honestly speaking i suggest to every one that don't do such treatment. Because laser have so many side effects but people have no idea about that how harmful to remove hair from a laser. It cause a skin cancer. And also damage your upper skin layer.
That is an opinion, not a fact. It has NEVER been proven to cause any kind of cancer...Come on now...

One more thing to the OP, you are right about the hormone thing. If you get pregnant or anything, your hormones can DEF cause all the hair to grow back. Maybe not as dark and corse as before, but it will all grow back. Even without hormones it will all grow back eventually if you don't continue to do follow up sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->