Last day at work, feeling a bit sad :(

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
I've been looking forward to today for weeks! Literally counting down the days until maternity leave starts.

But now that it's here I just feel sad and a bit overwhelmed. Yesterday I was in our London office and everyone came out to lunch with me and made a big fuss which was so lovely, on my journey home I was getting quite upset that that was the last time I would see everyone there for a year! And today I'm in my usual Oxford office and again we're going out for lunch and I've been packing up some of the bits on my desk and wrapping up the last bits and pieces with customers before I go, and I'm feeling really low about it.

I don't even like my job that much! I guess it's just making all the imminent changes much more real and that's quite scary.

Sorry to be all negative, I'm just really surprised to be feeling like this! Hopefully next week when I start my leave properly I'll feel a bit better :)

It's my last day too! I know how you feel... well, I don't necessarily feel sad (even though I actually really like my job!), more anxious: like this milestones is a sign D Day is so very very close! I had a lovely day yesterday as that's when they gave me all my presents etc (lots of people off today) so today will be quite sedate. I've already finished everything I need to so just tapping my toes really!

It's my last day too! I know how you feel... well, I don't necessarily feel sad (even though I actually really like my job!), more anxious: like this milestones is a sign D Day is so very very close! I had a lovely day yesterday as that's when they gave me all my presents etc (lots of people off today) so today will be quite sedate. I've already finished everything I need to so just tapping my toes really!

I agree about the anxiety, everyone is so excited for me which is lovely but these are the first days where the reality has really sunk in!

Exactly! I did just get a shiver of excitement though, no more work, yay! Am gonna try to finish an hour early. The office is dead anyway and nothing to do! Just took a prolonged lunch.

I don't finish for another 2 weeks but I had a bit of a clean out and cleared my desk on Monday! Anyone would think I was looking forward to leaving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->