Last minute things for hospital bag

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I think that I have all the essentials packed for baby and my hospital bags but I'm just thinking about those last few little things that you throw in the bag as you run out the door. I've written a list and stuck it to the fridge. Have I missed anything?

Phone & phone charger
Purse
Kindle
Basic makeup (in case I'm stuck in hospital for a few days and need a wee pick me up)
Hospital notes
Pre-made sandwiches (with DS my DH left me for 45 minutes to go in search of food because he was starving and I was so annoyed :haha:)

I bought a hand sized ball massage roller for my back. Feels amazing when I use it now, hopefully feels even better in labor.

I had cereal bars and little snacky things that can be chucked in the bottom of the bag just in case I needed something whilst I was having/after having my DD.

Have got bobbles/clips/hairbrush? I got super sweaty at one point and being able to tie my hair up was a god send- I bought a soft scrunchie from primark so I could have my hair out my face/off my shoulders without being able to feel it pulling on my head.

Some sort of makeup wipes? I actually used one of my DDs baby wipes just to have a quick wipe around after I had her- felt amazing wiping on my forehead and behind my ears :rofl:

Grand suggestions ladies. Other than a back massager I think I already have everything thrown in the bag!

Magazines? I found take a break type magazines handy in early labour. The puzzles gave me something to concentrate on!

Grand suggestions ladies. Other than a back massager I think I already have everything thrown in the bag!

If you don't have a massager, I learned you can cut a small-ish length of one of those long pool noodle floaty things. Maybe not as hard as a regular massager but it'll help give some pressure when your SO rubs your back.

Magazines? I found take a break type magazines handy in early labour. The puzzles gave me something to concentrate on!

Oh yes! I didn't with my first but with my second I was doing all the puzzles, bouncing on a ball through early contractions, cursing my husband for going home for a while 😂

Oh yes! I didn't with my first but with my second I was doing all the puzzles, bouncing on a ball through early contractions, cursing my husband for going home for a while 😂

That was actually me. But I was cursing every single thing he did while he was there. How dare he eat!

Some sort of lip balm. I was in labour over 36 hours with my first and I didn’t really drink much Andy my lips were so sore and dry and rough once baby had been born and it took well over a week for them to go back to normal. I made sure I had a lip balm the second time round x

I’m gonna be taking a Robinson’s juice squeezer for the jug of water on the ward and also a thank you card and pen for the midwives afterwords (29p in home bargains beats hospital prices!)

That was actually me. But I was cursing every single thing he did while he was there. How dare he eat!

That has made me lol - my husband (when he reappeared) decides that eating the cheesy Doritos whilst I was in the throes of labour would be a good idea. The smell, the noise of him crunching, I could have murdered him 😂😂😂

That has made me lol - my husband (when he reappeared) decides that eating the cheesy Doritos whilst I was in the throes of labour would be a good idea. The smell, the noise of him crunching, I could have murdered him 😂😂😂

My BIL apparently did exactly the same thing to my sister when she was having my neice - down to the fact it was cheesy doritos :haha:

Why would they think that was a good idea?!?! I can hardly look at Doritos now, mentally scarred for life!

My husband was eating cheese bugles - the smell was horrific! I've never seen anyone wrap up a bag of crisps and hide them in a bag so quietly and carefully!

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180804-172838.jpg
    Screenshot_20180804-172838.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
Previous pic didnt appear well. Hope this one shows

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_173946.jpg
    IMG_20180804_173946.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online