Latch question

dragonfly26

Reaction score
My lo is 12 weeks old. She has been exclusively breast fed, tried bottle with expresses mil but wouldnt take a bottle. Recently, the last few days-week she seems to be latching weird or not latching right. She keeps making clicking noises and I have to keep putting her back on. I'm not sure why all of a sudden. Does anyone have any insight on this? Is it a poor latch? Why all of a sudden and what I can do to change/help it?

I remember something like this happening with me and my LO, I'm not sure what it was but we worked through it

Has there been any previous consultation for a lip/tongue tie? Maybe your letdown has gotten stronger?

Does she seem to be uncomfortable when this happens, are her lips tucked in or flared out?

I've never had any thought of her having tongue/lip tie so not sure really Is that something that comes on suddenly? . I feel like my let down is the same, maybe a bit less. it's like she latches and clicks then relatches and so on. She gets really frustrated if she's really hungry but if not just relatches and keep repeating.

Might be a growth spurt and fighting the breast in order to initiate letdown. But sounds totally normal.

As long as she seems happy between feeds and has enough wet/poopy diapers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->