Late announcement of the birth of my little princess - 12/22/09

Pato

Reaction score
Better late than never.....

December 21.... I woke up with slight contractions and decided not to go in to work after all. Tried to relax but was somewhat uncomfortable alllll day and had slight spotting. By 10pm I told my DH I wanted to go to the hospital and arrived there shortly before 10:30pm. I was sent to change into my night gown and put in a room for observation with a fetal monitor strapped to my tummy to monitor LO's hhb and my contractions. Of course the contractions chose that moment to STOP. The nurse did and internal and was rather brutal :cry:. It was VERY painful and by the time she was finished, I was actually bleeding, never b4 had I experineced an internal like that, I was in tears. The doctor came shortly afterwards to do pretty much the same thing, but much gentler but informed me after that I was not in labour, was not dilating.....in fact I was doing NOTHING. By now I was in soooooooo much pain I couldn't understand what she was talking about. She said I was not gonna have my baby by Xmas and there was no since hoping for it. I was discharged from labour ward at 3:00am on Dec 22nd.
Upon leaving the ward, I was bleeding (period like) and was in a great deal of pain. Pretty much in worse shape than when I came in. The pain was almost unbeararble by the time I reached hom at 3:30am. DH made me a cup of hot chocolate and I tried to get some sleep. I kept getting up to go to the bathroom and the bleeding just kept getting heavier. Finally at 6:15am, I couldn't even stand up for the pain. DH called back the labour ward and demanded they send me an ambulance. By now he was very concerned by the amount of pain I was in.
The ambulance arrived just b4 7:00am but I was in too much pain to move plus by now I was screaming every few seconds. DH managed to get a dress on me bc I was only wearing a bra and Knickers when the paramedics arrived. I was finally out the door by 7:40am and rushed to hospital, sirens blazings.
We arrived there around 7:55am and I was taking right back to labour ward where I had left only 4hrs earlier. Nurse came to examine me and found I was 7cm dilated. Of course by this time I was way too far for any intervention sooo I went straight to the delivery room with not so much as a panadol for the pain. I thought I was losing my mind, I didn't know it was possible for anyone to be in sooooooo much pain and survive. I kept begging the doctors for something, anything but was told it would affect my LO at that stage, so I just lay there screaming. DH said he heard me all the way down the hall and thought the voice sounded familiar but didn't imagine it could possibly be me behaving like that. The midwfe told me to breath the contractions away...WTH!!!.... then proceeded to rupture my waters to speed things up. I thought I had taken leave of my senses by this point, but she told me not to start pushing bc my cervix was still not fully ready. I advanced quickly to 9cm and had to wait a bit to reach 10cm.
The urge to push was unbearable and she told to go ahead so she could she what was going on. LO was not advancing yet so I had to moan and scream away some more contractions until she told me to try pushing again...this time with success, she could see LO's hair. I told them to call DH who up to this point was not allowed in the room. Nurse went to get him and I was given the all clear to push at will. What a relief pushing was. LO advanced quickly down the birth canal and with careful maneouvering was able to crown with much stinging but only slight tearing for me, which did not require any stitches. DH arrived just as the midwife handed her to me..:growlmad:..he missed the whole birth bc the nurse that went to fetch him gave him a robe to wear but told him to wait :dohh:

Lady Yden arrived at 10:29am on December 22nd 2009 weighing 7lbs 14oz and measuring 54cm in length.

Congratulations love.......:hugs: So glad everything went ok in the end although having read that it sounded pretty stressful to say the least. What a trouper doing it all with NO painrelief whatsoever. The pictures you sent me of Yden are beautiful...thankyou....it sure is nice having you back on here at last.....:kiss: Can't wait to catch up with you properly. I'm going to send you a PM now honey so take care for now and speak to you soon.

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->