Late implantation, measuring 1 week behind and low papp-a/hcg

mk8

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just here to basically release some stress really.

I conceived baby number 2 with IUI (insemination) and took a trigger shot to time ovulation. I got a BFP in Jun but it was faint. My fertility clinic measured my hcg, which was low at 15dpiui (15 days post IUI, which was 13/14/15 dpo). I also started spotting the day I got my BFP. I thought it was a chemical for sure. But low and behold the hcg doubled every couple of days. It was still comparatively low though.

I continued to spot on and off and turna out I had two subchorionic hematomas by my placenta. Thinking I would miscarry, I amazingly didn't.

Though at the 5,6 and 9 week scans I consistently measured a wewk behind. So I guess I implanted late. Though there was a danger that could be a sign of chromosomal problem.

The subchorionic hematomas disappeared. Baby was growing. Then at nuchal scan I found out my papp-a and hcg were very low. .295mom and .395mom respectively. Nuchal measurement ok. But baby became high risk of Edwards syndrome due to bloods and age. Now waiting for results of non invasive prenatal test for trisomies 21, 18 & 16.

All I can do ia keep the faith and pray little one will be ok. Its so hard for us to conceive and when we did its been a constant worry. I know plenty of other people have a tougher journey. But this uncertainty is driving me mad. I guess given the above, is there really any hope in having another healthy happy child?

I hope all goes well for you :hugs: I suffer from anxiety and it's really flared up the last few weeks. It's horrible feeling as though you can't enjoy your pregnancy. Big hugs to you and keep us updated xxxxxxxx :hugs:

Hope all is well. I have just found out I have low papp a. 0.19 so very low but apparently they don't think it's linked to chromosome problems so I should have healthy baby just the placenta might not work properly x

Hi ebanna

Has your doctor suggested additional monitoring/meds/anything in general?

Hope you're doing well.

Hi
I've been told to take a asprin daily and I will have a scan with a consultant at 22 weeks to check the placenta is working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->