late ovulation?

podders91

Reaction score
I usually have a 28-30 cycle but this month i ovulated on cd20 (this is usually cd14/15) putting me on roughly a 34 day cycle.
Nothing has changed this month to last..
Any reasons why this has happened?
I'm not stressed and nothing is different...
We bd'd in the run up to ovulation only to find out that I wasn't going to ovulate then which is VERY annoying.

If it's just a one-off I wouldn't worry about it too much, it can happen out of the blue sometimes. A lot of things can throw it off, I found out recently that ibuprofen can delay ovulation. Just watch carefully to see if it happens again next month and don't stop BD'ing until you're absolutely sure.

If it's just a one-off I wouldn't worry about it too much, it can happen out of the blue sometimes. A lot of things can throw it off, I found out recently that ibuprofen can delay ovulation. Just watch carefully to see if it happens again next month and don't stop BD'ing until you're absolutely sure.

It's the first time its ever happened to me so I hope it's a one off but it's put this whole cycle out of whack lol.
I didn't know that about ibuprofen. Cant take it myself but others may find that useful to know :)

Yeah, I had an HSG this month and took ibuprofen first. Them I found out it can delay ovulation. Now I'm still waiting on day 20, but my tests show it should be in a few days.

If it happens again maybe ask your doc, but I think most people have the odd long cycle.

I'm hoping that I HAVE actually ovulated late this month.. only BDed the one time which was on cycle day 18.

We shall see! good luck girls xxx

I usually have a 28-30 cycle but this month i ovulated on cd20 (this is usually cd14/15) putting me on roughly a 34 day cycle.
We bd'd in the run up to ovulation only to find out that I wasn't going to ovulate then which is VERY annoying.

Your signature says you have pcos and the number one symptom is irregular periods.
Also I don't mean this to sound harsh but how is it VERY annoying that you unnecessarily had sex with your partner/ husband prior to ovulation ? The poor bloke lol.

Your signature says you have pcos and the number one symptom is irregular periods.
Also I don't mean this to sound harsh but how is it VERY annoying that you unnecessarily had sex with your partner/ husband prior to ovulation ? The poor bloke lol.

It's not annoying because we had sex outside of baby making or for no reason, but because we COMPLETELY missed ovulation? :/

We're working opposite shifts right now and trying to move house at the same time so we had to put aside very valuable time for bd and it was mainly for nothing

I just recently learned this about Ibuprofen. I get night-time headaches and often have trouble sleeping so I was taking small doses several nights a week. I was horrified when I started reading about the effects on O and fertility.

Also, I have irregular cycles which are often pretty long (sometimes 40+ days) and late O. It's super frustrating.

Also, I know exactly what you mean about being frustrated you totally missed O. Not that BDing outside of babymaking is a bad thing, but sometimes life is really busy and knowing that the time you took to BD wasn't even useful in TTC can just make you crazy!

Hoping next cycle is better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->