Late positive OPK

Briana0990

Reaction score
Hi ladies! This is my first month using OPKs. For the past year, I have been just using an ovulation calculator and watching cervical mucus. I have a 28-30 day cycle and always thought I O'ed around Cd 14-16. I got a positive OPK on CD 18. Is this considered late? I guess that would make my LP 12 days long. Is that too short for conception? Very confused. My Dr is putting me on Clomid next cycle but idk if that will help with late ovulation.

12 days isn't too short by most doctors standards but there are plenty of ways to lengthen it on your own if you are interested. I didn't realize how late in my cycle I ovulated until I started charting my bbt. Keep in mind a positive opk doesn't mean you ovulated either it just means you body is gearing up to try to. Charting your temps is the only sure fire way to know you ovulated. I recommend it highly in addition to using opks as it was also how I figured out my luteal phase was so short (8-9 days initially). It was also nice to get a heads up that we conceived before we tested positive when I charted my bbt. I eventually got my cycles like clockwork and lengthened my luteal phase to 14 days! Good luck and baby dust to you!

Thanks for the info! I will probably start charting next cycle

Thanks for the info! I will probably start charting next cycle

Yay! It really is so helpful I sometimes think about starting a thread in this forum about it because I think it would help so many ttc. Hoping you get your bfp soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->