Late Stimulation of Ovaries - this morning's Guardian

Suki73

Reaction score
https://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/jul/04/ivf-drugs-women-chromosome-eggs

Interesting article in this morning's Guardian, just thought I'd post it here for anyone who's interested (i.e. probably most of us :winkwink:)

thanks for posting this suki73. quite depressing reading for us over 35 huh? but good to be forewarned!

Yep, on first glance it's not great news, but my understanding is that 'strong stimulation' i.e. giving more drugs, is what might be causing the problems. A different type of intervention might be needed for older women, not simply blasting the ovaries with more and more drugs.

The good news (and this is a bit "silver lining at all costs") is that the chromosomal problems are not inherent, but possibly caused by the drugs. Some more subtle treatment is needed - now the boffins just need to figure out what it is!

Thanks very much . I can only get the guardian on line so miss articles like this

Of course, lol. I am on day 3 of new drugs. Might as well give it up, lol.

Well you know, the one thing they don't mention is the no doubt vast numbers of women who have drug therapy and then go on to have perfectly healthy children :rolleyes:

It's helpful to keep informed, but I always think articles about the latest scientific discovery printed in newspapers should always come with a banner "read with a large pinch of salt" Lol.

Wishing you loads and loads of :dust: Dachshundmom!

hi suki73, ah yes i see your point now, i didn't read the article properly. I'm starting my first course of acupuncture and chinese herbs (i live in Hong Kong so hoping it'll be good stuff!) next week so i'm hoping to have good news about that. will share my experience!

I have been reading about natural IVF - much milder - this article seems to lean that way as well. Food for thought - thanks for posting:flower:

I have an article about it somewhere - will see if can find - it is much milder than full med.

Here it is:
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...features/ivf-with-a-gentle-touch-2277983.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->