laws against video recording UK

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Long story short.. My next door neighbour who has had it in for us since we moved in was recording my dogs playing in the garden this afternoon, they was causing no nusance to her anyone in that matter but she seems to think she can report me for them being noisy.
now i thought it was illegal to video record someone or their property without their consent, or am i wrong?

I'm assuming that the laws about video recording are the same as photography, in which case yes you are wrong. It is legal to photograph basically anyone/anything you can see unless there is an expectation of privacy (e.g. being photographed through a bathroom window). Owners of private property can impose restrictions on using cameras on the property, but this doesn't apply in your case as she was recording from her own property.

So just because she was recording me and y dogs from her door not my garden, she is doing so legally? IM sure though if the person being recorded isn't happy with it they aren't allowed to continue or use the video?x

No, legally you don't need consent to photograph or film someone, although of course it is good manners to stop if they are not happy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography_and_the_law#United_Kingdom

Yes she is within her right to video from her property and is also within her right to report noisy animals if they are causing anusence to her.

We had problems with our neighbours and they filmed us from their bedroom window into our garden. We had a rooster who apparently was "so noisy" they filmed us letting it out of its box in the morning etc. They took us to court about it and they were even allowed to use it there. It's like when you have cctv you can use it with the police etc. It's absolute crap but sadly it's legal. I believe you can't record someone talking without their consent but I'm not 100% on that one.

Thanks guys, that kinda sucks, the thing is they was only noisy when she rattled something to provoke them, other than that they was just playing in the garden she wouldn't report me if kids was playing in the garden though xx

Sounds like a pesky neighbour It be difference if the dog was constantly barking all day all night but if it's just playing geeeees some people need to lighten up

she is just nit picking, like i say shes had it in for s since we moved in. when we did we put a fence up, around our garden, she has some panels in between our garden and ours, her fence is not stable at all so my dad put a screw holding her fence up against ours, she wasnt in so he couldnt ask her first. when she came home she had a go at my OH asking if he asked her permission to put our fence up, he replied no but i asked my landlord, and the screw in yours is holding yours up, so when my OH went inside she went out and was pushing on our fence, he then went out and removed the screw so her fence is loose again..
i told her that u cant complain about a dog barking or playing, would she complain if my little boy was playing outside making noise? would she complain when hes crying at 2am in the morning until 5am (like last night) probably not as she doesnt have a leg to stand on, so why when its dogs do they? understandable if they barked all day every day, like others in my street, but they dont!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->