Leaking nipple? 14 weeks

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi ya'll

Im 14+3 and today in the shower noticed a lump of dried yellow discharge on my right nipple..

I used my nail and flicked it off and it was kind of squishy.. so i assumed it was just colostrum as this is my second pregnancy.. but then i googled (bad idea i know) and ive seen lots of ppl say that if its only one nipple it could be a sign of something sinister such as cancer..
Can anyone relate?

I don't know about the cancer thing but my nipples started leaking about 12 weeks! Also they don't both have to leak :flower:
Hope this helps

Oh the Internet! Everything can be cancer.

I started leaking with stimulation around 14 weeks, some clear liquid droplets will come out if I express my breasts (applying pressure to nipples and breast). Women will produce their colostrum at any time during their pregnancy.

I have been getting dried yellow discharge stuck in the cracks of my nipples since 6 weeks (though I suspect that is partially due to the old piercings I had there)

Ring your midwife if you feel any lumps in your breast

I've been leaking since about 7 weeks, this is my second and I only bf for 7 weeks and my son is 3 tomorrow. I got worried at first but guessing it can happen early

My right breast is a milk machine while my left breast feeds a baby just fine but doesn't leak much. My right breast has already started getting a little yellow discharge this pregnancy, as it usually happens about halfway through for me and then stops completely at around 30-32 weeks. My sister started leaking at 12 weeks with her first and 6 weeks with her second baby, both times from both breast. I've never leaked from my left breast unless I was having a letdown. :shrug: I'm pretty sure you're okay, though I'm not a doctor.

I've been getting white and yellow crusties on my nipples since about 12 weeks, no actual leakage yet, but I suspect that's coming down the pike here quickly. I only nursed for about 6 weeks due to HORRIBLE advice, but I was able to express tiny bits of milk well after my son turned a year old and then finally dried up about a month before getting pregnant this time. I'm sure I'll milk like a cow once I've given birth and this time I'm totally ready for action

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->