Leaking & Spraying Milk

DebbieF

Reaction score
When will this occurrence slow down or stop? I don't always want to wear a bra and nursing pads while I sleep, but if I don't I usually wake up soaked.. Also, sometimes if baby pulls away while I am feeding her milk sprays out all over her little face! Am I just making too much milk? Should I pump to get rid of some of the excess? (I have pumped once so far so we could go out for a few hours and baby would not take the bottle)

I'm not going to be much help as I still have to wear a bra and pads to bed but a lot of that is because DD has started sttn and my supply is still regulating to accommodate this.

As for spraying her in the face, your letdown may not alter but LO will learn to manage it and won't pull off so much. For the time being all I can suggest is to have a muslin ready to catch the flow as soon as she unlatches. I have a forceful letdown and DD still struggles with it sometimes but doesn't unlatch anymore.

Pumping will only increase your supply so if you're not pumping to bottle feed or to work up a freezer stash, I personally wouldn't bother.

I still occasionally have the spraying issue too. But as PP said my lo learned to handle it.

Still have the same issue - Just not as often. Still constantly wearing a bra and pads too. I can't see me ever not needing to.

I have this problem too. Also when DD is feeding from one boob the other obe starts leaking. I don't like wearing a bra or pads to bed either due to lack of comfort and the fact I would just be faffing about half the night so I just take a muslin to bed with me to soak up any excess milk. Dont express. You will only end up making even more milk

Hi my son is 10 months old and ever since he was 6 months I've only breast fed at night. I no longer need breast pads but I'll get the odd leaky boob if he skips his 1st night feed but its rare now :) I remember squirting on my friends sofa once when baby pulled away too soon haha. Xx

I stopped wearing them around 6 months. That's when i noticed i wasn't leaking throughout the day or at night.

I can't remember exactly when, but maybe it was around 6 months that the leaking really stopped. I still wear a thin stretchy bra to bed, no pads, but I just find it more comfortable for me. I squirted LO in the face more than once and he choked sometimes… I guess I had a strong letdown or something but I never looked into it. He used to guzzle sometimes and I was just happy he was eating well. It's all evened out now and there's no leaking or squirting or too much too fast, nothing. It's all just normal now, as long as LO doesn't go forever without a feed.

I have this problem too. Also when DD is feeding from one boob the other obe starts leaking. I don't like wearing a bra or pads to bed either due to lack of comfort and the fact I would just be faffing about half the night so I just take a muslin to bed with me to soak up any excess milk. Dont express. You will only end up making even more milk

Mine do this too! It is the main reason why I wear pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->