Leapfrog leap reader

Scoobys mummy

Reaction score
Hi, just looking opinions on this. I thought I was done for Emily but I keep looking at this and reading reviews.I think she would like it, she's in nursery at minute and is very interested in words etc. I'm just wondering are they worth buying? Do they hold a child's interest? We read books every night etc but she has no electronic toys at all and I think she might enjoy this with the bonus of being educational. Any replies welcome :flower:

We got DS1 one of these last year as he takes after me and is obsessed with books.

He loves being able to read himself a story as we just don't always have time to stop and read during he day. I honestly think we got it a bit to early as he's now even more interest in words having recently turned 4 and we recently got the flash cards for it.

I will admit to finding it annoying hearing him read the same stuff over and over again so do encourage him to use his headphones with it.

This is the pen right? We got it for ds when he was 3 I think. With the younger books. He loved it from the second he got it. But he does love all books. He used it everyday. We have recently upgraded to the 4/5+ books and he has refused discovered his love for it. He is just starting to read himself. He loves making up stories and the games.

DD who is 16 months has started playing with this too. She likes to press the pen onto the book and gets excited when it talks to her. Brilliant buy.

We have the Leapreader, my older son is autistic and is very into Leapfrog products. I think we have almost everything they make!

He started off with Leapreader Junior (then Tag Junior) which he loved and we moved him on to the Leapreader last Christmas.

It has for the most part been a big success, he likes the books, he doesn't tend to let it read the story and mainly just has it make the same sound effect over and over again but that is an autism thing. I think we have gotten more value for money from the big fold out things (they do a map, human body, space and animals is the new one).

We have human body and the map and he has learnt a lot from them, he recites the facts he has learnt from it and has learnt loads of body parts from the human body one which is fun. He helpfully told his teacher where his intestines were :haha:

With regard to the actual product I am not 100% impressed with it. We have lots of Leapfrog products, pretty much most things they make we own and I am usually pleased with how they work but the Leapreader is temperamental. When it works it is a great item how ever it is prone to crashing which is annoying. I was not pleased when it completely crashed on Christmas Day half an hour after my son had been given it (it was his main present :growlmad: and took several hours on trouble shooting to sort out).

Our original Leapreader has been replaced by Leapfrog as at one point it just completely crashed and stopped working. The new one is better but can still be a pain, plus the charge on it runs down quickly.

I don't regret buying it and we are added the space fold out set and a new book for it for this Christmas so I love the fact it is easy to add to. Just be aware it can be temperamental and if having to sort that out on a fairly regular basis would annoy you then maybe choose something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->