Leery.

proudparent88

Reaction score
So my 4 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD Combined Type and Disruptive Behavior Disorder. He has just been prescribed ritalin which his dad and I were both on as kids and it didn't help it made things worse. I know he needs something but I am just wandering if I am making the right decision to give him this medication. What do you all know about it?

So my 4 year old son has been diagnosed with ADHD Combined Type and Disruptive Behavior Disorder. He has just been prescribed ritalin which his dad and I were both on as kids and it didn't help it made things worse. I know he needs something but I am just wandering if I am making the right decision to give him this medication. What do you all know about it?

I was put on medication and without it I don't think I would have even graduated from school. ADHD made it very hard to learn and before medication everything went right over my head. The sooner the better versus having to play catch up from years of things missed. Also keep in mind everybody reacts differently to medication. If you are leery ask about concerta its a slow release version of ritalin and its smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->