Left the gas on hob

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi I made dinner earlier and we sat down and ate it. I went back into kitchen to clear up etc and could smell gas. I had not turned the hob off properly. Must of been on for around 20 mins. I opened all windows etc. but I'm worried could of harmed the boys. Hoping someone can reassure me its ok. Thanks in advance xx

It's fine, it's carbon monoxide that's the really worrying stuff, it's methane that's comes from the hob, so don't worry, you did the right thing, just let it clear for 15 minutes or so and then your good to go, hope no one is a smoker.

It's fine, it's carbon monoxide that's the really worrying stuff, it's methane that's comes from the hob, so don't worry, you did the right thing, just let it clear for 15 minutes or so and then your good to go, hope no one is a smoker.

Thank you so much for replying. Been really worried. Feel better now xx

That's good, it's probably all clear anyway but I wouldn't like the idea of someone lighting up for awhile.

I think with the cooker gas it's more of a fire risk than health risk, you did the right thing opening the windows. Think you will be fine once the room has been aired for a short while. Just don't light any candles etc to get rid of the smell tonight and you'll be okay. x

My OH has lit a candle before after hope was om and it was fine. I was scared though lol think its worse for open flame x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->