Leg Cramps

caroline31

Reaction score
Hello all...

im currently at 29 weeks and im suffering with really bad leg cramps... any advise pleeeeeeease.....

xx

I suffer from insane leg cramps sometimes at night, and there is nothing like a good leg/foot massage to take the pain away!!!

I get these and restless legs- drives me mad. I drink tonic water before bed as my MW said it was meant to help, not sure on the science behind it (think it mkjght be quinine??)but it seems to ease them (just makes me want vodka in it though)

I've only had leg cramps a couple of times so far and OMG they hurt. Lasted all day. Don't know if thats normal?

I do find though that I get a nasty aching pain in my hips of which ever side I'm laying on in the night but it goes not too long after I turn over.

I think trying pillows between your legs is meant to help but I'm also getting quite desperate because it's hard to sleep!

I was the same with the pain in my hips, that was agony and id have to turn so many times at night, then when id get out of bed id be limping all day and feeling terrible.
I used to get cramps several times a night also, best tip for leg cramp is to raise and straighten your leg (even though it hurts soo much) and point your toes upwards.. stops the cramp instantly in a lot of cases. Try to drink a lot of water and raising your legs at night.

i had this in my first pregnancy. Was told to drink tonic water which didnt seem to help and to elevate legs higher than hips. Dreading getting it again this time! I feel for you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->