Leg gaps

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Does anyone get problems with gaps in the legs on their nappies?

Its a common problem with us, temporarily solved with a fleece wrap over the nappy (theyre pockets so shouldnt need a wrap).
Trying out a BG Flip and though the gap is much better, its still there unless i do a bit of shuffling about with it to get it to fit right.

Or does Alex just have funny legs :lol:

I dont get it on flips, but I have it almost everything else atm.

Caitlyn's just started crawling though and has majorly dropped her feeds...so I think that might be why!

Does it get better if you pull the nappy up a bit once it's on, like you're pulling a pair of pants up? We sometimes get leg gape if I've put the nappy on a bit low, but a quick yank upwards usually sorts it out.

Caitlyn's got thinner in the waist from crawling...so maybe thats whats causing mine? How can I get it to stay up when I yank it up...just tighten the poppers again?

abigail has skinny legs and we got horrendous leg gape with nearly every brand nappy...however since a little more weight on her its alot better...

i found some brands have a slimmer crotch (such as ittis and other 'sized' nappies) that actually she got a better fit with BtP's that have a wider crotch...more fabric between the legs= less gape.

However if you find leg gape is really bad with all your nappies you should maybe try nappies that have the extra leg gusset? Like the Rumparoos, Lollipop Pop'n'Gro or Nature Babies??

https://www.rumparooz.com/catalog.php?category=65

Y'know i didnt think it would be the crawling :dohh:
I sorta tried the pulling up, but not in that way :lol: ill give that a go and see if that works.
Its no biggie now as his poops are solid, but god forbid he does a runny one!

:rofl: Caitlyn had a bout of runny poops before she began crawling a few weeks back! I'm thankful it was then and not now.

Itti's dont cover Caitlyn's bum so I cant use them! Hmph!

Caitlyn's got thinner in the waist from crawling...so maybe thats whats causing mine? How can I get it to stay up when I yank it up...just tighten the poppers again?

Yep that's what I do. It's mostly only with WNNN that we get the leg gape cos they're stuffed so full, but once I pull it up once or twice and tighten the waist, they stay up ok.

we had this problem with most nappies until leyla got a bit bigger, we were mainly using btp nappies so i think that makes it worse, are you using btp or sized? we did the same thing you do lol, just put a wrap over the top but its a pain in the arse tbh, if you buy a pocket you should be able to use it without a wrap! you could try grabbing hold of the side edges, the bit that usually droops and creates the leg gape, and pulling it up above the waist, it doesnt look very pretty but if he has a top on itll be covered anyways, that usually helped us, once he gets bigger you wont have the problem anymore probs as we never get it now she has chunked up a bit

x

BTP nappies, and yep i agree i should have to use wraps, though in the summer my plain nappies will look much nicer :lol:

I did discover today that though Alex has gained weight, hes dropped on the centiles from being so active, which of course is showing on the legs!

Hmm, might go get Caitlyn plotted on her list then...she was at the 98th but have a sneak suspicion she wont be there now.

Flips were good to us today, have you found them to be any better? I think it's 'cause I can pull the poppers to their tightest setting.

Oh and I put her back to her middle setting today and far less leaks :dance:

I haven't tried a flip again yet as I only have the one which is in the wash lol

maybe you should try a few sized nappies and see if you get on any better? you can get one from the nappy library so you dont have to pay for more nappies that might not work :haha:

x

The wraps seem to help so ill be a cheapskate and stick with that :lol:
Just bought 3 flips and extra inserts so im broke now :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back