Lego display/storage

Pearls18

Reaction score
What do your kids do with theirs? We have the Lego head and a box but the problem is he has loads of the separate sets and what happens is they break up (usually with the help of his 2 year old brother...)the bits get muddled and then the item is never properly formed again (he won't really use his imagination and likes to do the sets following the instructions!) he's got very large sets like city aeroplane, looking for inspiration!

We have shelves that display the built-up sets and the kids bring them down to the table to play with them. Sets that have come apart go in tupperware tubs and the rest gets chucked in a couple of big brick storage boxes.

I really wish Lego would start making their boxes resealable!

When we get sets, I always pit them into a zip lock sandwich bag with the instructions. I used to put the instructions in a folder in plastic wallets but that didn't last long. I also tried putting each set in a container but we have too many sets.

Zip lock bags used here too, ikea do boxes of large sized ones which are perfect for the bigger sets.

We also have a 2 year old who like to break up his big brother's Lego sets :dohh:

We have the Ikea Trofast storage with different coloured bricks in each small drawer. DS1 usually only plays with each new set for a few weeks so when DS2 inevitably starts to trash the model, I usually break it up completely and then stash the bricks in the relevant drawers. We have a drawer full of instruction booklets, with the idea that he could easily find the bricks he needed to rebuild with the colour sorting. He's on,y ever rebuilt a few sets though. He just likes to build his own spaceships etc, using the bricks we have.

I've been wondering this! I was going to pop in to b&q and have a look in their toolbox section

I have a couple containers for keep with dividers in them however I don't think they sell those ones anymore since I've had them since I was a kid. Then we keep them and the rest in a large storage tote.

I put DD1's in the mini biscuit tubs from asda at first as she had many different sets. She then decided to play with them all together at once meaning when they broke, they all just got chucked into a small flexitub.

Sets go in ikea zip lock bags with the instructions and they go in containers.
Separate bricks are in Lego heads and a container with separators in which the 1 and 2's along with any spare Lego people we have x

Something else we have is a " Christmas decoration holder" must have been from wilko or b&m. It has multiple compartments. DS has that out all the time. He has bricks separated in there, I did intend to do all the lego but sick of it after a while, we have 2 nappy boxes full of random lego pieces. Most are OHS when he was a kid

I don't keep the sets separate at this point. They are too young to care if the sets are kept together. They have a Lego table with cube stools that hold the Legos.

My DH's cousin built a long table, I guess kind of similar to what's in the Lego movie, for his kids to display their built Lego sets on. His kids are a few years older, and they like their stuff to stay together once they build it.

We have lots of the Lego boxes, keep themes together and then dymo tape labels on the boxes indicating the contents. We also have the IKEA besta range which has cupboards big enough to leave some of the huge sets built which is preferable!

As kids my Nan used to save old chocolate tins, ice cream tubs etc for our bits and pieces.
We have duplo and it's all thrown in a storage bucket and mixed up.
Like the idea of zip lock bag with instructions in for when they get older and like doing individual sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->