Leo - 12.12.08!! *LONG*

Sophie1205

TTC #2
Reaction score
Well! Where do I start?! My clever little man came on his due date!!

Well I'll attempt my story but it gets quite blurry towards the end lol

Thursday 11th December.
I woke up feeling quite normal - only thing Id noticed through the night was a few pains when I went for a wee but thought nothing of it. So when I got up at about 11 I was talking to Vicky on MSN and moaning about how I had no signs and that I knew I was gonna go 2 weeks over due and have to be induced .. HA! But then I started getting Braxton Hicks with a bit of pain with them so Vicky told me to get on my ball - which I did. So I was bouncing away on my ball - and had a bit of a cry :blush: because I was so fed up of being pregnant and just wanted to meet my little man!! So the Braxton Hicks started getting more intense, so I decided to walk down to the shops and meet my Nan for lunch to see if it it either eased the pains or stepped things up a notch. So as I was sitting in the cafe with my Nan the pains were coming about every 4-5 minutes. My nan kept saying "You're in labour lets go." But I was convinced it wasn't labour and it was all just going to stop. In the end I decided I wanted to leave and I went back to my Nans flat because I didnt want to be home alone.

Then my Nan took me home at about 4pm because the pains were getting more and more intense. When I got home I got on my ball and starting timing the pains. They were coming every 3 minutes lasting between 35 and 55 seconds. So OH's Mum told me to phone labour ward. So I explained to labour ward and they told me to come down so they could check me over and if it wasnt labour I could just go home. So we waited for OH to finish work, got my hospital bags and made our way to the hospital. Even though the pains were pretty bad in the car, I was STILL convinced it wasnt labour haha!!

So when we got there and they checked me, I was 4-5 cm's!!!! :happydance: All's I could say was "Omg, thank god, thank god. He's finally coming". So OH's Mum left and it was just me and OH, and we got moved to a delivery room. When we got there I started on the gas and air. Then a bit later I had half a dose of pethidine. After a while I started to throw up because of the gas and air :dohh:

I was then checked again at 10pm and I was 7cm!!! So the MW brought me a birthing ball to bounce on. So I was sat at the end of the bed on the ball on OH was next to me on a chair and we just sat chatting and eating sweets hehe. I was coping pretty well with the contractions at this point and couldnt believe how easy it was considering I was 7cm. That soon changed! lol

Friday 12th December.
I was checked again at 2am and I was still only 7cm so they decided to break my waters. I didnt really feel it - all I felt was a bit of warm water coming out. Well from then onwards it all went a bit crazy!! They put me on a drip to speed my contractions up and OMG did they hurt!! I wasnt coping well at all anymore, and began to scream and shout with each contraction. So I was given a diamorphine injection. Which was sooooo good!! I was falling asleep between contractions and coping quite well. BUT when this started to wear off I started to feel the urge to push - it was horrible!! But when the MW checked me I was only 9cm and wasnt ready to push yet. Then pain was soo awful I was still screaming with each contraction :blush:

So at about 4.30am I was ready to push. But I was really struggling to push and it really hurt my bum :blush: I just kept feeling like I needed a poo haha. I was still screaming with each contraction. They tried putting me in different positions to push and I ended up accidently ripping the drip out of my hand - ouch. I kept refusing to push as it hurt so much and I just wanted to go to sleep and ignore it all haha!!! I was trying to push but I couldnt manage to do it hard enough or for long enough - hence why I was pushing for 2 hours!! I kept shouting at the midwife telling her to go get me a doctor and get them to take im out because I couldnt do it haha.

But eventually after much encouragement from my OH I pushed Leo George into the world at 6.40am on the 12th December -right on his due date!! He was placecd straight on my chest while OH cut the cord. My OH was crying his eyes out as Leo was born - bless him!!

Leo weighed 7lb 4.5oz!! We really didnt think he was gonna be that big. And he was born with a full head of black hair :cloud9: Hes sooo adorable.

So I managed to get a little sleep after delivering him before they had to come give me a lottttt of stitches for my 2nd degree tear!

Im very sore and tired but so soo sooo in love with our gorgeous little boy!!

Attachments

• n510160123_1607535_8649.jpg
    n510160123_1607535_8649.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 170
  • n510160123_1607536_8901.jpg
    n510160123_1607536_8901.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 135
  • n510160123_1607538_9382.jpg
    n510160123_1607538_9382.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 100
  • n510160123_1607542_384.jpg
    n510160123_1607542_384.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 113
Congratulations hun, he is absoulutly gorgeous x

He is beautiful, congratulations :cloud9:

He's so cute!! Well done and congrats x

Oh Sophie he is so handsome!!!!! congrats and you did sooo well! :) x x

Congratulations Sophie!

I'm sooo happy and proud of you! Told you to keep the faith ;) You did so, so well.

My future son in-law is SO cute, also ;) :cloud9:

Well done, hun! He's so cute! Love the pictures of him :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"