Leo or Theo?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm prematurely posting in here as we are still TTC, but we've been talking about names for our second (and third) child since we were still pregnant with our first. So in a way this post is way overdue :)

We are sorted with our girl's name, but it's the boy's name that we can't agree on. We are stuck between Leo Edward or Theo Edward. Our last name begins with an H and our first son is called Oscar Benjamin.

What are your opinions?

Thanks in advance!

x

ETA: They wouldn't be short for anything as we're not big fans of Leonardo or Theodore.

100% Theo... Leo is quite common these days, Theo is far more unique.
Xxx

I LOVE Theo :). We'd have had a little Theo/Teddy if it had been a boy. x

Theo is my personal favourite, but my husband is worried about it sounding posh. He's a bit worried that's how he comes off anyway, so he doesn't want to add to it by calling our son Theo. I think that's ridiculous and it's not an overly posh name! He's vetoed so many names I love (Felix being my top choice), so I feel like I need to keep Theo :D

x

Leo.. because it is my dogs name haha and for some reason theo is the most popular name where I live atm! Strangely enough it's getting a bit of a "chavvy" rep which is strange because until recently I would have thought "bit posh" funny how things can vary so much one area to the next !

Leo - I prefer the name and also find theo Edward a bit difficult to say for some reason.

I love Theo but Leo is great too. Theo seems to be getting quite popular so if you mind that ten maybe go for Leo.

Leo- but i'm biased as thats my 22month old sons name ;) it was the only boys name me and my partner could agree on, we are expecting our 2nd, and i'm kind of hoping its a girl because we will be so stuck for names if it is another boy!

If we have a boy his Name will be Leo Matthew, we picked that when we started TTC 6 years ago and i still absolutely LOVE it :)

Theo is more common around here too.

Funny that you ladies are finding Theo more common. On the the top 100 names for 2012 Leo was number 28 and Theo was number 61. Maybe Theo has leapt ahead in 2013. I liked it more because it was relatively uncommon.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"