Let the neighbours know

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
DH finally got round to telling the neighbour I am planning a home birth. Thought it best to pre warn as we don't want the police knocking at the door mid delivery thinking there could be some horrific crime going on. Anyway, DH told the woman that lives there and he said she was getting really excited about it (she has 2 LO's herself and I'm pretty sure she tried to homebirth with her youngest) as she walked away he said it looked like she was thinking about something quite intensly, she turned to DH and said "I'd like to watch that" :rofl:

I know pointless but it keeps making me chuckle thinking about her reaction :haha:

hehe bless her! i keep thinking about telling the people that live in the house attached to mine. think ill just pop a note threw the door! i had to write shitty letters to my neighbors last time cause they kept parking outside my old house so there would have been no ambulance access

Last August our neighbours on one side let us know that they would be having a homebirth (I was 5 months pregnant myself). We were sleeping with the windows open as it was so hot and I remember hearing someone knocking on their door at 4am (had a quick look and it was a midwife with her stuff). I didn't go back to sleep as I was so excited that I might hear their baby's first cry or something (but didn't hear a thing!).

With my homebirth in January, OH went and told both sets of neighbours about a week before my due date and they were very excited too - one set couldn't believe that we had a pool in the house (we live in a terrace of very small Victorian cottages). A few days after the birth OH bumped into one set of neighbours and they asked about Alex and they claim that they never heard anything (bless them, I'm sure they were lying) as they were playing on their X-Box (it was a Tuesday night at 22.14 that Alex was born). I don't think I was too loud towards the end - I did shout out a few very bad swear words but that was it really!!!

Off topic, but thought I'd add that the majority of the water from my birth pool was pumped out into the drain, but the last "dredges" were tipped onto our lawn - we've definitely had the best looking lawn this summer!!! xxx

I live in flats but they have built them like a medieval fortress, probably realised most new build flats are like paper and wanted to buck the trend; so the walls are a foot thick in many places and you can't hear a peep from any of the neighbours, the only 'weak link' is when we have our windows open and our downstairs neighbours do also and then we can vaguely hear their son on his drum kit (or kids playing on the paved area at the front) but other than that; nothing. Our immediate neighbours (two families) are very aloof so we rarely see them, its a shame as we would like to be on nicer terms with them.

i posted a little note thru my next neighbours door this morning :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->