Letrozole (Femara) ... anyone? ...

ErinHopeful

Reaction score
So, I'm looking for stories/thoughts from anyone who has tried this medication?

I'm taking a 7-day course of provera to induce AF .. and then cycle day 5-9 I'll be taking 7.5mg of letrozole.

I tried 3 cycles of clomid, all with no + O (i have pcos) ... so I'm hoping this works :shrug:

I'm looking for successes? side effects? etc ... Thank you! :thumbup:

I am currently on this nd have had NO sides effects at all which has been wonderful as on clomid they were terrible.

Good luck

thanks! I didn't really have any side effects on the clomid ... until the last round, 150mg.

I had horrible mood swings and even worse hot flashes! haha .. my RE told me that the letrozole isn't as bad with side effects!

Good luck to you too .. what cycle day are you? .. are you taking it days 5-9? is this your first round? ...

thanks! I didn't really have any side effects on the clomid ... until the last round, 150mg.

I had horrible mood swings and even worse hot flashes! haha .. my RE told me that the letrozole isn't as bad with side effects!

Good luck to you too .. what cycle day are you? .. are you taking it days 5-9? is this your first round? ...

Thank u sweetie

I have taken it CD2-6, CD3-7 nd CD4-8

I am currently on CD11 nd I feel like I am going to O in the nxt day or 2 :winkwink:

On clomid I had horrible ovulation pains, hot flushes, emotional wreck ect ect, it wasn't pleasant at all.

aww! well FX'd this cycle you get your BFP!!

I never ovulated using the clomid, blahhh! (that made it worse because i went thru all that crap and didn't even ovulate, hah) ...

I'll let you know how this cycle goes for me!!

I hate waiting for things to happen, hahaha! :D

LMAO TTC is a game of patience lol

I really hope our BFP isn't far away, we have been waiting a long time nd gone through a lot of heartache. I have faith though.

Patience is my worst quality! LOL ... oh well, nothing I can do about it I guess .. except wait ;) ...

Yeah .. keeping the faith and positive energy will pay off!! BFP's very soon :D ...

how many cycles are you planning to use femara (not that you'll need to think about that, since that BFP is coming .. but ya know) ...

We r doing 6 rounds then going onto IUI, but I have faith that we wont need IUI :)

LOL patience wasn't my strong point either, but u quickly learn to have some on this journey lol

How many rounds do u plan on doing?

haha, yeah .. you can't really make it through this journey without some level of patience .. . it doesn't get 'easier' but I get it ... lol.

and we plan to do this 1 round of femara to see if I O ... if I O and get a BFN we'll do 3 cycles ... and then if no BFP ... I'll have an HSG and move onto injectables!! But I'm thinking I'll O and we'll get our BFP before any of that other stuff needs to be done ;)

I am sure u wont need to go onto injections sweetie.

R u also taking any vitamins ect?

I have everything crossed for u Xx

I'm just taking metformin and a prenatal .. that's all for now! lol

and thanks for the hope/crossies ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel