Let's talk about $ex... Question...

kam78

Reaction score
Ok, Question that I never thought about until earlier today but of course it was after I was longer gone from my doctor's office....

When can we have sex again after a loss?? I was just under the impression of the typical 6 weeks after a delivery rule but hear of others talking about how we don't have to wait that long, basically up to us and our bodies, when delivery bleeding stops...Now I'm not talking abt TTC, just some comfort :) Lol... Mentally I'm not ready just quite yet but ......

Wondering what all your thoughts on this matter is and what you girls have done....

Thanks bunches!! : )

did not want to read and run. However I am not sure, no one has said not to DTD. So I just assumed it would be ok once bleeding stoped and you feel mentally ready. xxx

well, most importantly is that the bleeding totally stop and you are comfortable with it. It will be weird I think which I experience but after a few more I think it will be back to normal u know.
Just make sure u asked ur partner to be gentle as can be alittle sore :winkwink:

Hey Kelly,
I was told not to put anything up there for 6 weeks :thumbup: so I think it's fine to have sex in 6 weeks. I however got my AF Sunday April 10th exactly 5 weeks and 3 days after having Ava and loosing her. I think it is fine and personally just my opinion I think it's healthy and good for you to start trying at least to get back to somewhere it may feel normal in life , I know that is almost impossible.
xoxooxo :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Ladies!

Mentally & Physically I am NOT ready but my guy was asking, of course LOL...

I'm in no hurry.. and I have heard that some have spotted afterwards or that is was a lil painful SO I do NOT wanna start this bleeding up again or make it any worse ....

Patience : )) LOL

hi hun i was advised that once all bleeding has stopped and yopu feel comfortable you can hav sex whenever you want. the reason they wait for bleeding etc to stop is because your cervix could still be slightly open and theres risk of infection. theres no reason you would have to wait 6 weeks hun as its not a normal labour as we all unfortunately know :( myself and OH had sex 10 days after i delivered Lily at 22 weeks. we just took it really easy and made sure to use protection. hope this helps hun xxxx

Thanks Ladies!

Mentally & Physically I am NOT ready but my guy was asking, of course LOL...

I'm in no hurry.. and I have heard that some have spotted afterwards or that is was a lil painful SO I do NOT wanna start this bleeding up again or make it any worse ....

Patience : )) LOL
When I said trying I meant for sex :dohh: Sorry. I didn't mean for a baby. I should have said that more clearly.. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you Girls!

Yes, this all helped a ton!!! : ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"