Lets talk Diet Pepsi - Caffeine thru the process

AppleSeed

TTC #1 Since July 2008
Reaction score
Okay. WTT and wondering about my Diet Pepsi consumption. Of course I know I need to cut it out or at least decrease it dramatically. Feedback on caffeine and WTT and TTC and actual pregnancy? Would love to hear from you.

My doc gave me a list of the amount of caffeine in foods and drink and advised me limits.. Its in some chocolate icecreams cold & flu medicine, chocolate and the usual drinks.. I cant remeber the exact guidelines but i thinkit was 2 cups of coffee a day or a few cups of tea. Too much can increase the risk of miscarriage so she said to try and stay away from it as much as possible.. I think if u are wttc then mybe wean urself of it if u can so its not such a shock to the system

seriously hun there isnt as much caffiene in those drinks as you think!!!

I was so so careful in my first tri avoided diet coke like the plague....

until I read the guidelines... i dont drink tea and coffee anyway so cant remember what it said about them...

.. but it said no more than 6-8 cans of coke a day!!! WOOOO thats loads...!! :) So i was more laid back then!!

I think I saw an article on one of the forums here a while back (I'm sorry I can't find it now) with regards to what you should and shouldn't have during pregnancy. I think caffeine in moderation is ok, so if you cut back, you should be just fine! :p

You guys that's great news. I get the shakes just thinking about not having any. I was thinking about just allowing myself 1 can a day - to make it a special treat. Thanks you guys.

Im like you hun!!!

I neeeeeeeeed my fizzy pop!!! :):) Its one of my vices!!! But dont worry too much about it!! xxxx

I had to do a group study of it for 12 weeks in uni this year and its supposed to be real bad tho.. Dont get me wrong i didnt even think about caffeine and drank loads of it with my 1st pregnancy and all was well but with this one i stopped and had a mc. So there u go but it reminds me of the smoking debate eg many people smoke and their babies are ok but the chances of complications are higher. Ive a feeling they are going to bring more guidelines in about caffeine as my doc was really going on about it

My lord i drank so much full fat cola when i was younger that my veins were filled with the stuff i think, i now drink pepsi max as dont like any other fizzy..But i have been a good girl and switched to decaf coffee so when i am preggars its not such a shock to the system. I think anything within moderation is ok..Other than the obvious nasty's.

DIET PEPSI!!! :happydance: LOVE IT! I go through about 2 liters a day (no joke) DH said he's going to get me an IV drip. :rofl:

I SHOULD be cutting back on the caffeine now and tried that but I got AWFUL headaches and was very sluggish. So, I decided to wait until after I get my :bfp: before coming off it. I figure I'm already going to be completely miserable being preggers (and I'll be coming off of Prozac at the same time) so I'll just add caffeine withdrawal to the mix. :rofl: Maybe with everything else going on, I won't notice the withdrawal. :rofl:

DIET PEPSI!!! :happydance: LOVE IT! I go through about 2 liters a day (no joke) DH said he's going to get me an IV drip. :rofl:

I SHOULD be cutting back on the caffeine now and tried that but I got AWFUL headaches and was very sluggish. So, I decided to wait until after I get my :bfp: before coming off it. I figure I'm already going to be completely miserable being preggers (and I'll be coming off of Prozac at the same time) so I'll just add caffeine withdrawal to the mix. :rofl: Maybe with everything else going on, I won't notice the withdrawal. :rofl:

:rofl: u make me laugh

I managed to wean myself off full fat coke last year by switching to diet (and im def more of a pepsi girl than coke)-it took a good 6 months.. then one of my friends suggested its just the bubbly taste and the sensation of the bubbles i liked. She suggested switching to sparkling mineral water.. and it really works!!!I like the no sugar fruit flavour ones... I still have the occasional can diet pepsi 1-2 per month when i really fancy it but it really does work as a trick to get you off the caffeine!! OH says im less moody off the diet pepsi too...

S

Im also cutting back on the caffeine while wtt just so its not such a shock. Also then im not drinking 3 cups of coffee a day while waithing for a :bfp: without being sure if im pg or not. Also i read that caffeine in women greatly decreases fertilitly but caffeine in men makes his :spermy: a little more active!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->