Letting baby sleep on me...

AK89

Reaction score
... mid cluster feeds... Is this OK or do I have to try and wean myself off it?! I just love having her snooze on me so peacefully, and putting her down seems pointless 'cause before you know it she's rooting again!

Sometimes I put my LO down if I have something to tend to but if I don't I let her just sleep on me. They're not this little for too long. Enjoy it :)

OMG enjoy it. Totally let her sleep on you.

You cannot spoil a young baby. When they are ready to be more independent, they will be.

Yup let her sleep, she will grow out of it too soon :)

That's what I was hoping!!

We've all done it! I see no harm, so long as you're both happy. And who wouldn't us be? X

Oh I'm totally letting mine sleep on me! I love it :cloud9: It goes so quickly

You sound like such a good mum. Enjoy it! It's so special and you miss it when it is gone.

Aww thank you :flower: I was kinda expecting/dreading a load of replies like "Noooo put her down as soon as she falls asleep!" so I'm glad I didn't!

I was completely and utterly beaten up for doing this by my health visitor as she says it increases the risk of SIDs, but so long as you're not asleep I can't see the risk - it's just like kangaroo care and that's pushed really strongly for newborns and preemies.

I was completely and utterly beaten up for doing this by my health visitor as she says it increases the risk of SIDs, but so long as you're not asleep I can't see the risk - it's just like kangaroo care and that's pushed really strongly for newborns and preemies.

She's totally wrong. It decreases risk as you can monitor breathing more closely and also when your baby sleeps close to you, their breathing is more normal and regulated :thumbup:

Yep!!!! Enjoy it.

I managed to watch a lot of TV cuddling my sleeping girl when she was tiny. All her naps we're cuddle naps.

Now she's big and needs her space to sleep.

Yes I agree, enjoy it while you can! I feel so sad sometimes kissing my 3 year old goodnight and leaving her :(

Let her sleep on you:)

Enjoy these precious moments. I love it when my girls sleep on me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->