Life after birth - FINALLY found a solution!!!

N

Neecee

Hi Ladies, I woke up in such a positive mood this morning that I just had to share this!!!

Since my husband woke up one morning around week 10 in a state of blind panic about how we were going to cope financially, he's been on a non-stop paranoid mental trip about managing the finances, what will have to get paid off now, what we'll have to cut back on etc... until last night, that is...

:idea:He has made the descision to be a stay-at-home dad after 6 months so I can go back to work! I'm the higher earner, so he figured it made more sense for us to get by on my salary as opposed to his. I really can't believe he's willing to make that sacrifice for us!!!:cloud9:

I don't know why we didn't think of it before - I really love my job, but it's not as flexible as his. He's decided to stay at home with baby when I go back after 6 months and concentrate on working on his graphic design business from home. I can't tell you how much I love that man right now!

And then to top it all off, my mum called last night to let us know that she's going to work part-time when the baby comes so she will look after the baby on fridays so hubby can get at least one full day of freelancing in a week! I'm so happy that things are starting to come together at last! Someone up there really likes me at the moment!:happydance:

That's a great idea Neecee and sounds like its perfect for your family.

Good luck and I'm glad you're so upbeat today. For some reason I woke up in a good mood too - so it must be catching :D

I wonder how many other stay at home dad's there willl be on B&B?

That's great! We've talked about DH staying home too. I'm the higher earner so if we find one of us needs to go part time it would make more sense to be DH. I'll be jealous though! He can't do his job freelance but he could at least devote the time to finishing his book and getting more writing in which is an investment. We're still hoping that something will come up over the next few months that will put him on a higher salary though. Fingers crossed.

i'm so pleased things are coming together for you hun xx

I really feel like dancing today! Both of us woke up in such a good mood and he didn't have that worried look on his face when we started talking baby stuff this morning either.

I think I'll probably be a bit jealous of his "home time" with the baby, but I will have been at home with baby for the first 6 months, so it's not like LO's not gonna know who mummy is! He feels much more positive about things now and ready to take part more in the baby prep work (he's kinda been dodging the topic lately).

Everything will be fine - as long as I don't come home and find hime trying to do any home improvements - he's CRAP at DIY! If I came home and found him with a power tool in his hands it might send me into early labour!:rofl:

Everything will be fine - as long as I don't come home and find hime trying to do any home improvements - he's CRAP at DIY! If I came home and found him with a power tool in his hands it might send me into early labour!:rofl:

:rofl::rofl: sounds like my OH, he actually thinks he's good at it though (he is not!!!)

Aw what a good idea :)

xxX

aww thats lovely of him! A great start to ur childs life too having one of u around!

Sounds great! Im sure my OH would love to stay home too, but since its our first baby and he just started a new job, I will be staying home this time.

That's fab .. glad it's working out for you. I'd love for my dh to stay home ... my dh hopes to help out with the childcare too (not sure how it will all work out at the moment.)
Still - we've got a few weeks yet to figure it all out!

That's awesome honey- he sounds like a fab man. x

Brilliant!
I'm so pleased for you.
I think it's the best when baby gets to have lots of dad time.
My husband is the higher earner and has the benefits package, so I'll be staying at home the full year with this one. I'd be delighted to do what you're doing though, as I am really passionate about my job, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->