Lifting my 12 month old.. how bad is it?

SaraEmily

Mom of 2 girls
Reaction score
She's big for her age, 25 lbs. I know it's best not to lift heavy stuff too often but at her age I have no choice. I have to lift her in and out of her crib, high chair, stroller, car seat, etc. She just started walking a month ago but she's still too young to be walking everywhere we go.

Could this cause problems?

My daughter is 18 months i still lift her and shes a big girl shes the same size as her 2 1/2 yr old cousin, i also lifted my first son when i was having my second and that was fine, thing is if you have young kids you still have to lift them hun, i still have to help my 4 year old in and out of the bath but it has to be done, try not to worry you will not be doing any damage by picking up your daughter xxx

I have the same issue with my toddler who is a bit heavier than your LO. I'm not sure how much of a problem it can be, but I just try not to move suddenly or over stretch. I'm at home with my DS most days by myself so I have no choice but to lift him in and out of his high chair/car etc. Just be careful when lifting - I'm sure everything will be fine.

Unless your dr says no lifting your fine! 25lbs isn't heavy lifting your body was use to it prior to pregnancy so it's no big deal, this is your child you can't not pick her up but you can make it easier. Pick her up from higher levels compared to picking her up from the floor! I'm high risk my cut off is 10-15 pounds

I'm baby wearing my 18 month old most days, he's about 22/23lbs and still have to pick my 4yr old up on occasion. Your body is already used to picking up your baby so don't worry x

I have to pick up my 22 month old and think we will be fine since we are used to it now.

I have 2 year old twins who I life and carry all the time, for me life cannot stop when I'm pregnant. All the same things need done.

I don't think you should worry. As a mom you are used to picking her up and your body is accustomed to it.. Not a 25 pound box is different.. Its just dead weight.. But your daughter helps support herself and makes it easier. I pick my son up several times a day. He is about 24 pounds. Just listen to your body, if you need to slow down you will probably feel it.

It should be perfectly fine as long as you don't have an existing condition/develop one that would make it an issue.

I packed my three year old around when I was pregnant with my youngest (he would sometimes use my belly as a shelf or a racing ground for his toy cars haha) - now I pick my youngest/soon to be middle child up and he is five.

With all my kids I have picked them up when I was pregnant

My three year old would go crazy if i stopped picking her up haha. She likes a good cuddle. I babywear her and don't intend to stop anytime soon. Unless the doctor has told you not to i wouldn't worry x

When I was pregnant with dd2 I was still carrying my dd1 who was 4 yrs old as she wouldn't walk back from school an now I am pregnant again I still pick both of my kids up now my mw has even seen me and has not said anything but then again I wouldn't stop unless I had to anyway

I worked in long day care with my 1st pregnancy. I was lifting kids up to 3 years old daily. It gets harder as you get bigger that's when you need to not lift as much if you can.

My son was 2 when I first became pregnant and I had to constantly carry him, have him jump on me and Corey's fine

I pick my 2 yr old up and she weighs about 25lb. I'm just careful as sometimes I can feel it starting to hurt my back. I try not to carry her for too long, but sometimes she gets tired if we're out on a walk and I have no choice.

I have been carrying my son like forever when he was little. Even when he was 5 years old, I carried him...to bed when he fell asleep or when he was just tired or when he had troubled getting in and out of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->