light bleeding at 5weeks pregnant

bighouse

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to light bleeding. It's pink every time I wipe. Called by OB they told me to go to the ER. I am 5 weeks pregnant and freaking out. :nope: Just thought it would be helpful to hear other people's experiences... did any of you have light bleeding but everything with baby turned out fine? :shrug:

I bleed the whole way through with my son. It ranged from light pink to bright red on a few occasions. I was monitored closely through my pregnancy but my son was born perfectly healthy. I know it's worrying but try to stay calm!

Have you recently had sex? I bled after sex whilst I was early on last time. I went and got checked out but all was fine. Hope it turns out ok for you :)

It could be from having sex, if you did. I had some brown liquid once around 5-6 weeks a few hours after DTD and I panicked, but realized it was nothing. I just saw my doctor yesterday and they said that spotting is perfectly normal as long as it doesn't become red blood with cramping.

I bled for a week this pregnancy from 4.5-5.5 weeks and have just had a ten week scab with a healthy baby :) x

I bleed at 4 weeks for a day on/off spotting doc said its quiet common to spot bleed during early pregnancy could be late implantation but took ts time to come out xx

Thanks for the reassurance. I called my ob this morning and she told me I had to go to the ER asap. So we've been here for 4 hours so far and just got done the scan. Now more waiting. :nope::sleep:

Good luck hope everything.is ok. Stalking for an update

I bled for 4 days straight at 6 weeks. I had my first sono the following week and saw/heard a beautiful heartbeat!! This is totally normal, have a sono just in case :hugs:

Thanks. Still in the ER (going on 5 hours now). They put in an IV, gave fluids, ran a bunch of bloodwork, and did sonograms (both internal and external). They have ruled out ectopic (thank goodness) but still waiting for final results.

I have to admit, reading that so many of you had bleeding (without complications to the baby) has made me feel a lot better!

Good luck Hun hope all
Is well :) will be checking for your update fingers crossed xx

I bled at 5,6,7 & most recently 10 weeks. I am now nearly 11 weeks & hearing strong heartbeat on Doppler :) plus iv had 3 early scans all showing healthy pregnancy.

Good luck & hope all is ok xx

Just left the ER. The ultrasound didn't show much (no yolk sac or fetal pole) but did show what they thought was a gestational sac- measuring at 5 weeks. From what I heard/read it is Ok not to see a yolk sack or fetal pole at 5w.

The newest problem right now is that my hcg levels have dropped somewhat since yesterday (dropped by 130 in about 18 hours). The ER nurse said that was not cause for worry, but my ob said that hcg levels should never go down at 5 weeks (they will go up at different rates, but always up and not down). The ER ordered a follow up ultrasound in a week, but my ob refused to schedule it yet (which I assume is because they think I'm miscarrying). They ordered repeat hcg on Thursday.

I'm already pretty down after learning about the hcg drop. If the numbers haven't improved by Thursday, I'm going to be devastated.

So sorry you're going through this! Sending you big hugs. Hope all turns out well.

That's about all they would see I think at 5 weeks Hun, really hoping & fx that your levels increase over the next 48 hours xX

The sono was actually reassuring since it measured 5w (IF what they were looking at was really the gestational sack- at this point it is just a tiny black blob). The worrying part was my drop in HCG (coupled with my bleeding, the fact that my nausea that has been constant for the past 1.5 weeks mysteriously disappeared, and my BBs are not as sore anymore). I can't see any good reason my HCG would drop 130 points in 18-19 hours.

Everything is crossed for you. I bet your hcg levels will go up on Thurs, if your measuring 5weeks your on track. Goodluck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->