Light bloody discharge and crampy. Worried and scared!

shirlls

Reaction score
(Apologies in advance for the tmi in this post!)

I am 10 weeks pregnant and a couple of days ago I started feeling slightly crampier than usual. Then that night I went to the loo before I went to bed and when I wiped there was a tiny blob of clear discharge on the paper but it had a tiny blob of browny pink blood in it. Then I wiped another few times and there were very small streaks of pink and red blood. I phoned nhs24 who said as it wasn't constant bleeding to keep an eye on it overnight and contact my epu in the morning.

There was no more bloody discharge, just clear discharge and this morning it took me 4 hours to get through to epu. When I did they said I wasn't a priority and only offered me a scan on Friday. I am visiting my MIL who lives 100 miles away until Saturday and was hoping they would see me but they said they couldn't fit me in and said 'if a miscarriage is going to happen it will happen anyway regardless of whether you are seen or not, but it doesn't sound like you are miscarrying anyway'. True, but not exactly helpful!

I have a 16 month old and didn't have any bloody discharge or any spotting with him so that's also why I am worried. I have also had 2 mcs at 5 weeks before I had him. Tonight my stomach is very crampy and my lower back is very sore. I thought I saw a very slight pink tinge on the loo roll when I wiped earlier.

I am very worried and scared :cry: ! Any thoughts?

Hi there,

First off, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can imagine any bleeding is terrifying. Has it stopped now? I'm sure you know, faint bleeding is very common in pregnancy and it could be absolutely nothing, but there's also a small chance that it could be. Only the EPU can tell you. Is there any way you can go back tomorrow and say the bleeding has got a bit worse (I know, it's a fib, but it does sound like something they should be scanning you for, if only for peace of mind, especially given your history). I hope it's all okay for you!!

x

Hi there,

First off, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can imagine any bleeding is terrifying. Has it stopped now? I'm sure you know, faint bleeding is very common in pregnancy and it could be absolutely nothing, but there's also a small chance that it could be. Only the EPU can tell you. Is there any way you can go back tomorrow and say the bleeding has got a bit worse (I know, it's a fib, but it does sound like something they should be scanning you for, if only for peace of mind, especially given your history). I hope it's all okay for you!!

x

Thanks for your reply :flower:

It has stopped now. Ihad horrendous cramping earlier and nearly went to a&e however I fell asleep and slept for 4 hours this afternoon and when I woke the cramping had subsided.I still have light cramping, but it is bearable and there has been no more blood. If I feel the same tomorrow I am going to do as you suggested and say I am bleeding more to get them to scan me as I really can't relax now.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->