Light brown spotting

ALW32590

Reaction score
I am so worried! Starting on Wednesday I have noticed some light brown discharge when I wipe. It doesn't happen everytime I wipe but it is still scaring me to death as I never had this happen with my first pregnancy. I'm not sure how far along I am but I believe I'm about 7 to 9 weeks. I am waiting to go to the doctor until my insurance goes through but of course with the spotting this seems like it's taking forever!! Anyone have this happen and everything was okay? I'm still ha ing my preg symptoms nausea sore boobs headaches etc

Brown blood is old blood and nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye on it turning red if it does then go get checked x

Thank you for your response. I've seen a lot of ppl who say it's nothing to worry about then of course I see the posts that say they went on to have a miscarriage. Hopefully all is well for me and the little one. I wish insurance would hurry and go through so I can get to the doctor and find out !

As long as it stays brown, you still have symptoms, and your not cramping I would try not to worry too much. If it goes red and symptoms go away and you have AF like cramps usually that is a bad sign. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you so much!! So far none today! Keeping my fingers crossed as well

I had brown spotting with this pregnancy at 6 weeks for 5 days. Had an ultrasound (actually 2) and I have a hematoma. Usually brown spotting is harmless. Fingers crossed for you and congrats on your pregnancy!

is it just the same with creamy discharge but khaki/light brown colored that i'm having? i'm kinda paranoid as well but don't want to worry too much.

fingers crossed to all of us here ladies

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. I had a miscarriage before this and I had some light bleeding and spotting. It turned out to be a missed miscarriage, which occurred a few weeks earlier, but it never really turned into anything more than that (I eventually needed a d&c for this reason 3 weeks later). With this pregnancy, I've had more bleeding and spotting that I did with my miscarriage, mostly brown but more than just spotting and some bright red. It seems to be just what my body does. I've had two scans and baby is perfect and the bleeding is coming from my cervix and nothing to do with baby. Just one of those things. With my daughter, I had heavy bright red bleeding at 10 weeks. Again just one of those things. I never had it again and had a healthy, straightforward pregnancy. It's worrying, but doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.

I'm assuming you're in the U.S. since you mention insurance (I'm also American, though I don't live in the U.S. anymore). You should be able to qualify for Medicaid because you're pregnant and uninsured. They haven't quite dismantled that protection just yet. So I would speak to someone at your local Medicaid office about what you need to do to sign up.

Thank you for your response. I am still having the spotting off and on. And also still waiting for Medicaid. They have really been dragging their feet but as of yesterday they told me they have 10 days left to give me a response. The wait has been hard but I got a Doppler and have been able to find the baby's heartbeat for the last 2 weeks which gives me some reassurance during the long wait !! Fingers crossed everything will be fine for all of us and our babies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->