lightning pain at 14 weeks?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I don't remember getting them until my son dropped in the third trimester. Can this be normal early on. The pain is in my vagina, lower front and bottom only. It feels like someone punched mw in the crotch tbh.

I have been dealing with an infection of some sort and seen 4 different doctors about it with no results. When I took it upon myself to take penicillin it bettered immediately. I stopped taking it a day ago and idk if these pains are just the problems returning or something else that could be normal.

Are you referring to the good ol' "lightning crotch"?

I've been having it the last few days, I think anf hope it's just the cervix preparing to be closed for the long haul and as the uterus moves up the cervix changes and adjusts ... so I'm hoping that's all it is lol

It does sound like stretching pain. You'll notice it more this time around because it gets worse with each baby. Believe me. Lol. This is my fourth, and I am doubled over in pain over the stretching these days. Stay extra hydrated and pee as soon as you feel any urge. That will help a lot!

I was getting it in first trimester. Even made a thread about it lol I haven't had it in several weeks, thankful for the break, I hate it! Haha

I've been having it the last few days, I think anf hope it's just the cervix preparing to be closed for the long haul and as the uterus moves up the cervix changes and adjusts ... so I'm hoping that's all it is lol
I feel like I am carrying even lower this time, maybe that is a reason. I already carried very low with my son. I was also thinking maybe it is related to the uterus rising out of the pelvis...like it may be uncomfortable just before that.

I was getting it in first trimester. Even made a thread about it lol I haven't had it in several weeks, thankful for the break, I hate it! Haha
Wow that is early! Good thing it is gone!

It does sound like stretching pain. You'll notice it more this time around because it gets worse with each baby. Believe me. Lol. This is my fourth, and I am doubled over in pain over the stretching these days. Stay extra hydrated and pee as soon as you feel any urge. That will help a lot!
My ligament pains are not bad at all this time around. Less stretching and growing pains. It does not feel like ligament pains tbh, it is very low at the bottom/ lower front of my vagina. Feels almost exactly like the pains after my son dropped, just less weight and pressure. I have also been having sciatic nerve pains early this time and my bladder feels full constantly. I think I carry very low.

Mine just feels like someone is jabbing me with an ice pick up my hooha! It's quite uncomfortable!

Mine just feels like someone is jabbing me with an ice pick up my hooha! It's quite uncomfortable!

Ouch :/ I feel more like I got punched or kicked but there are some sharp, shooting pains here and there.

Aaggh i'm getting this too! Don't really remember it from previous pregnancies! Found out baby is breach today too, wondered if that makes it worse! Glad i'm not alone x

Yep! Ugh lol
Our son was head down from 28 weeks on so I had it dang near the whole second half of my pregnancy. I think I carry low too Marumi! If I recall correctly, you are pretty petite pre-pregnancy?

I just posted something about this on my Facebook group. It feels literally like someone kicked me right there or I did the splits too far. I don't remember having it with my son.

Yep! Ugh lol
Our son was head down from 28 weeks on so I had it dang near the whole second half of my pregnancy. I think I carry low too Marumi! If I recall correctly, you are pretty petite pre-pregnancy?

Yeah I have a small frame. I think the only reason I don't fall apart in pregnancy because my hips are bigger than the rest. But they may still be small with 91cm/ 35.8" pre pregnancy. They already widenend a bit.

My pain has been better since yesterday. The sciatic nerve pain is always there however. But slight at this point.

I lost your quote, but I'm responding. :)

Yes, very understandable. Your stretching pain can feel like stabbing in your vagina (mine always does in second tri) and can run all the way up your bikini line to your belly button. You can get pain in one or all of those locations at once. If it only lasts for a moment, sometimes, when our babies stretch, it puts pressure on that area and makes us feel a sharp pain in the crotch. If it lasts longer, baby could be on a nerve. I had a constant sharp pain in the hip during one pregnancy, and then my baby turned head-down, and that pain went away. Turns out baby was transverse and was laying on a nerve connected to my hip!

Or, given your bladder feeling, it could also be an infection of sorts. I had a UTI in first trimester, and my only symptom was feeling like my bladder was always full, even if I just peed. Another case is a magnesium deficiency, which can cause sciatica. Been there, done that, and lots of dark leafy greens, nuts and occasional fish can fix it if your magnesium level isn't too out of whack. If you think it could be either of those, definitely talk to your doctor about it.

I lost your quote, but I'm responding. :)

Yes, very understandable. Your stretching pain can feel like stabbing in your vagina (mine always does in second tri) and can run all the way up your bikini line to your belly button. You can get pain in one or all of those locations at once. If it only lasts for a moment, sometimes, when our babies stretch, it puts pressure on that area and makes us feel a sharp pain in the crotch. If it lasts longer, baby could be on a nerve. I had a constant sharp pain in the hip during one pregnancy, and then my baby turned head-down, and that pain went away. Turns out baby was transverse and was laying on a nerve connected to my hip!

Or, given your bladder feeling, it could also be an infection of sorts. I had a UTI in first trimester, and my only symptom was feeling like my bladder was always full, even if I just peed. Another case is a magnesium deficiency, which can cause sciatica. Been there, done that, and lots of dark leafy greens, nuts and occasional fish can fix it if your magnesium level isn't too out of whack. If you think it could be either of those, definitely talk to your doctor about it.

Hm..my stabbing pain can go up the vagina but the other pain that feels more like an ache is only on the very bottom. It started getting better yesterday and I haven't had it today. Fingers crossed it stays away.
I was actually just tested for a bladder infection, it was negative but I still took antibiotics and felt better.
I have been taking high amounts of magnesium citrate since early pregnancy when I had cramps due to a hematoma.
My OB thinks it was all caused by being on progesterone for fairly long and then the side effects of quitting. I have been feeling crampy since quitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->