Likelihood of flipping a breech baby after 36 weeks?

mayacat

Reaction score
I just had an ultrasound today because the OB has not been sure about the baby's position the last two appointments. Turns out the baby is in fact, breach. Head is up near my ribcage, bum is far lower. Anybody found out this late that baby was breech and still manage to turn it? I'm going to be referred to an OB at the hospital who has experience flipping them but curious to see if anybody else has had this and still ended up being able to give birth normally.

Try looking into spinningbabies.com they have some great natural techniques to flip a breech baby

Don't stress! My 2nd son was breech until 38 weeks. I was so nervous and then one day I was late for my appointment and had to sprint from car to hospital. I can't be sure, but I think that's when he turned. We did an ultrasound a few days later and he was finally head down. It was a miracle because when he was born 2 weeks later, he weighed 9 lb13 oz and my midwife was shocked that such a large baby could turn so late without me knowing.

Crawl around on hands and knees, do a few sprints, and pray, pray, pray!

Mine was breech until 37th appointment and there are many, MANY babies that don't "flip" until hours before delivery.

Good luck!

That's good to know! Thankfully I'm not too stressed about it because the worst case scenario is I go in and need a C-section. Not ideal, I'd much rather have a head-first baby if possible, but we're given what we're given! As long as the baby comes out healthy, it works out. With any luck, they'll be able to turn the bubs around the right way before it wants to come out!

I was going to ask a similar question. I've known for a while baby is breech but he just doesn't seem to want to turn. I've been trying to get him to turn using natural techniques but no luck yet. But I have to be honest, due to time constraints I haven't been doing them as much as I should be. He's also heading to be a big baby so it's nice to hear stories of other people with big babies that still turned.

Mayacat will your hospital not let you do a natural breech birth? Unfortunately mine won't because none of the doctors have any experience and also because mine is a footling breech and not frank breech.

I was going to ask a similar question. I've known for a while baby is breech but he just doesn't seem to want to turn. I've been trying to get him to turn using natural techniques but no luck yet. But I have to be honest, due to time constraints I haven't been doing them as much as I should be. He's also heading to be a big baby so it's nice to hear stories of other people with big babies that still turned.

Mayacat will your hospital not let you do a natural breech birth? Unfortunately mine won't because none of the doctors have any experience and also because mine is a footling breech and not frank breech.

It looks like they will allow it if baby comes out butt-first, but if it's a footling breech, then it'll probably be a section. My OB did bring up the option of a breech vaginal birth, depending what happens at the time, but I'll go with whatever ends up being safest for me and the baby. It didn't look like a footling breech on the U/S, but baby's kind of in a happily reclined position, so who knows what it'll do in 3.5 weeks (right now, I can feel a butt on the lower left part of my stomach and skull in the upper right near my ribs). My OB will talk to me about the results the next time I go in to see her on Monday, assuming she has the U/S report by then.

My friend was scheduled for a c section 2 days before her due date because he was breech. The did a ultrasound before doing her c section and the baby flipped even though 2days prior he was still heads up. They induced her and she had a natural birth

It looks like they will allow it if baby comes out butt-first, but if it's a footling breech, then it'll probably be a section. My OB did bring up the option of a breech vaginal birth, depending what happens at the time, but I'll go with whatever ends up being safest for me and the baby. It didn't look like a footling breech on the U/S, but baby's kind of in a happily reclined position, so who knows what it'll do in 3.5 weeks (right now, I can feel a butt on the lower left part of my stomach and skull in the upper right near my ribs). My OB will talk to me about the results the next time I go in to see her on Monday, assuming she has the U/S report by then.

That's good that it's an option for you! My doctor checked where his feet were and they're right there at my cervix. He even showed me one of them bouncing on my bladder!
I think they are going to let me go into labour and then check baby's position. If he still hasn't turned then they'll go ahead with the section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->